The "Animators Assemble!" thread for Daz animation WIPs, clips, and tips

1222324252628»

Comments

• CoXComicsCoXComics Posts: 67

I'm too late for Throwback Thursday, so we'll go with Flashback Friday. This is my first posted animated render from way back in August of 2009. It was made with Poser 7. As I recall almost everything used to make the video was sourced from sharecg.com.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,227
    edited April 12

So Cool!!! Very imaginative!

This was mine. I was learning the ropes of Carrara (and a great many other things) - buying Carrara in the first place so that I could customize meshes on the fly - which it excels at!

It was also my first try with Sony Vegas (now owned by MAGIX) during a 30 day trial. I wasn't rendering for any kind of story, just practicing timings, lighting, stuff like that - learning. So I used a pile of test renders to try out Vegas.

So I called it - Just a Bit of Fun

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    I bought Carrara and have tried to use it, but I've never been able to wrap my head around it.

Dartanbeck said:

So Cool!!! Very imaginative!

This was mine. I was learning the ropes of Carrara (and a great many other things) - buying Carrara in the first place so that I could customize meshes on the fly - which it excels at!

It was also my first try with Sony Vegas (now owned by MAGIX) during a 30 day trial. I wasn't rendering for any kind of story, just practicing timings, lighting, stuff like that - learning. So I used a pile of test renders to try out Vegas.

So I called it - Just a Bit of Fun

It took me a while too. I kept Poser installed for quite a while to ease my passage. 

edited April 12

I have the previous version of Poser thanks to being one of the beta testers. I made this with it.
    I love the Queue Manager as I have several low end machines that sit idle but can process images, but that's about all I love about Poser. I much prefer DAZ Studio.

Dartanbeck said:

It took me a while too. I kept Poser installed for quite a while to ease my passage. 

Post edited by CoXComics on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,206

Dartanbeck said:

I started video editing with Vegas, then started using Premiere as part of a video production class, now use DaVinci Resolve. Your mileage may vary, but I find Vegas to be the worst of the three.

Gordig said:

Dartanbeck said:

I started video editing with Vegas, then started using Premiere as part of a video production class, now use DaVinci Resolve. Your mileage may vary, but I find Vegas to be the worst of the three.

I Love DaVinci Resolve! I haven't updated my Vegas since that first purchase 13 years ago back when Sony owned it. I Loves Me My Fusion!!!

CoXComics said:

I have the previous version of Poser thanks to being one of the beta testers. I made this with it.
    I love the Queue Manager as I have several low end machines that sit idle but can process images, but that's about all I love about Poser. I much prefer DAZ Studio.

Dartanbeck said:

Very Nice!!! That was a really good watch!

I Love those coflek-gnorg Starship Debris chunks! And SS Marcoor is one of my favorite ships!

But beyond that, I had a great time watching and listening! Great job!

Dartanbeck said:

I Love DaVinci Resolve! I haven't updated my Vegas since that first purchase 13 years ago back when Sony owned it. I Loves Me My Fusion!!!

I think I misread your post, because I thought you were saying you just started using Vegas. I bought my copy about as long ago, and I think the switch to Magix happened almost immediately afterwards.

edited April 13

I own three of coflek-gnorg's products, Space Debris, Space Sphere and Space Sphere Evolved 1. Space Debris ended up being less flexible than I imagined when I purchased it. I expected individual debris pieces instead of whole groups.

Speaking of products, I had this idea based on a dream last night. I imagined it would be interesting to get a collection of long time DAZ subscribing animators to compare their respective product collections to identify all of the common products and then use those products to create a collaborative DAZ Studio animation. Many hands make for light work and all that.

Dartanbeck said:

CoXComics said:

Dartanbeck said:

Very Nice!!! That was a really good watch!

I Love those coflek-gnorg Starship Debris chunks! And SS Marcoor is one of my favorite ships!

But beyond that, I had a great time watching and listening! Great job!

Post edited by CoXComics on
    edited April 13

That (collaboration effort) would be Awesome!!!

I own many (Many) coflek-gnorg products. Love them!

If you want smaller chunks of debris, use the Geometry Editor and make them smaller ;)

I have his Armada of destroyed and non-destroyed fleets of ships and I Love it!!!

We run into two of them in this

Using TheDigiVault's Stardomes

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,767
    edited April 14

DAZ content rendered in Blender with "Graphic Novel  style" veiwport Shaders.

Post edited by wolf359 on
    Those are some eye popping shaders. Nice.

wolf359 said:

*some recruitment may be required

Dartanbeck said:

That (collaboration effort) would be Awesome!!!

wolf359 said:

Great look! Great Music!!! 

Awesome Job!!!

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,156

wolf359 said:

Beautifully done wolf

edited April 26

Bought an animated horse on CGTrader to retarget the animations to a G8 centaur. With minimal effort, it looks pretty good, and if I understand the license correctly, I could even sell the retargeted animations (to centaurs and Daz Horse 2/3) if I chose to. Haven't done anything with the human half yet, but that should be easy enough.

Post edited by Gordig on
    Pairing upper body animation with that should be an interesting exercise.

Gordig said:

Bought an animated horse on CGTrader to retarget the animations to a G8 centaur. With minimal effort, it looks pretty good, and if I understand the license correctly, I could even sell the retargeted animations (to centaurs and Daz Horse 2/3) if I chose to. Haven't done anything with the human half yet, but that should be easy enough.

CoXComics said:

It's proving more complicated than I expected, but I can crack it. 

It continues, render challenge Apr 1, 2024 to Apr 30, 2024 using Daz Studio.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,859
    edited May 2

Gordig said:

CoXComics said:

which set of legs do the arms swing with, or are all six offset? 

which leads me to sleipnir, so many questions 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,767
    edited 10:49AM

Just a quick tip
    for those not aware.
    ChatGPT has five FREE high quality  AI voices (male & Female) that will read its responses out loud,
    they can’t strong do emotional inflection but are great for straight video talking head narrations for tutorials etc or some subtle acting as they do have noticable inflection changes for exclamation points and question marks.

You just prompt chatGPT to “repeat the following text verbatim"
    (paste your dialogue)

Now ,you can’t download the audio from ChatGPT but there are ways to easily record it from your browser.

I am using Audacity with the “IshowU” plugin on My Imac but there are several methods for windows as well.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2278873/how-to-record-audio-from-a-website.html#:~:text=To record audio on Windows,built-in screen recording feature.

Here is a video I just completed using one of the FREE unlimited ChatGPT voices.

Post edited by wolf359 at

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Gordig said:

CoXComics said:

which set of legs do the arms swing with, or are all six offset? 

which leads me to sleipnir, so many questions 

That is a good point 6 legs would be very tricky. 

edited 2:22AM

wolf359 said:

Just a quick tip
    for those not aware.
    ChatGPT has five FREE high quality  AI voices (male & Female) that will read its responses out loud,
    they can’t strong do emotional inflection but are great for straight video talking head narrations for tutorials etc or some subtle acting as they do have noticable inflection changes for exclamation points and question marks.

You just prompt chatGPT to “repeat the following text verbatim"
    (paste your dialogue)

Now ,you can’t download the audio from ChatGPT but there are ways to easily record it from your browser.

I am using Audacity with the “IshowU” plugin on My Imac but there are several methods for windows as well.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2278873/how-to-record-audio-from-a-website.html#:~:text=To record audio on Windows,built-in screen recording feature.

I found this one about a week ago that someone at art-station had mentioned.  https://text-to-speech.online/   It look pretty good playing around with it .  I have not tried it yet with Lip-sync though but it has a ton of different dicolic & accents, languages and it converts the generated voice and you  download it in MP3 , it sounded pretty clear so it should work with lip-sync pro or the daz 32bit lip-sync. I think the free version was limited on annunciations and expressions and limited to so many txt characters a day something like 200 words. I use MS Azure ai for my stuff https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/products/ai-services/text-to-speech/#features

Post edited by Ivy at