Scene partial load

Hi,

Maybe I'm too lazy but I often save scenes without saving separately each material presets, character set presets, pose presets,...

It would be nice if I could select what I want to load in my current scene instead of loading the whole scene and deleting everything just in order to get 1 character or prop.

Comments

• greywolfgreywolf Posts: 34

I tripped over this while I was looking for a solution to this problem, myself, and I realised that I occasionally save out my characters as subsets.  I almost never save shaders or poses out because I almost never need the same pose twice, and shaders I end up varying per character anyway (I have yet to save out custom prop shaders).¹

Load your scene.

Save what you want as a scene subset.

Reload as desired into another scene, adjust as necessary.

--
    ¹ I'm still kind of a noob and not doing this professionally in any capacity; it's a hobby, so I don't yet know all the ins/outs of Daz.   My life will probably expire before I figure it all out.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,574

greywolf said:

I tripped over this while I was looking for a solution to this problem, myself, and I realised that I occasionally save out my characters as subsets.  I almost never save shaders or poses out because I almost never need the same pose twice, and shaders I end up varying per character anyway (I have yet to save out custom prop shaders).¹

Load your scene.

Save what you want as a scene subset.

Reload as desired into another scene, adjust as necessary.

--
    ¹ I'm still kind of a noob and not doing this professionally in any capacity; it's a hobby, so I don't yet know all the ins/outs of Daz.   My life will probably expire before I figure it all out.

it's always funny how different users do things differently with DS. I always save poses, even partials because I use them over and over again. I also save lots of material presets, mostly for custom skins, but also for props and hair. I rarely if ever save a full character, mostly just saving their shape and materials

• gniiialgniiial Posts: 204
    edited January 4

Noah LGP said:

Hi,

Maybe I'm too lazy but I often save scenes without saving separately each material presets, character set presets, pose presets,...

It would be nice if I could select what I want to load in my current scene instead of loading the whole scene and deleting everything just in order to get 1 character or prop.

You're not lazy! It just makes sense! Look at blender, that does it for years! (YEARS!) You can link, append, include... everything! I often say that Daz3D should look into this incredible direction of millions of people that influence one program to it's full potential it has right now. It's fast, it's possibilties are endless and they get and get and get better, without any kind of slowdown. I second that this should be possible and it would prevent stuffing the libraries with millions of probs, extras, reduces the use of space and so on... Just makes sense! Right? 
    Most of the time I load a whole setting, delete everything unnecessary and save a new subset, just to get something into my scene, that someone else did not think of important enough to make a prop for. But hey, if the scene would be a diner, a burger would be there, even if one has different restaurants, kitchens, diners and so on, where every one of them has - the burger - as a prop. Or the coke. But the nice stuffed and filled shelf? Nope! Do it yourself or extract it on your own. 

Post edited by gniiial on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,352

Using the Scene Subset,  is a quick way to save just a character and/or a few props for reuse in other scenes,  

• pixelquackpixelquack Posts: 265

I see gniiial's point but cannot assess if that's easy to do, but if you are to load that specific bit from the scene and you know beforehand you're gonna use like it was in that scene you want the partial from:

save a subset. I do that a lot, with boatloads of invisibled clothing I wouldn't need if the library had a working favourites system, cough cough.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557

I already spend my time to create subsets for the purchased environments in order to avoid that they overwrite my render settings and because I delete all the cameras and lights.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557

Interesting !