Studio 4.12 failed install

I've tried updating to the new 4.12 build, via DLM.

The download seems ok, but I get an "install failed" message when it tries to install. I deleted the download and tried again - no luck.

I am running on Windows 10

I did think about trying a manual install but cant find anywhere to download it, maybe that will work?

Any ideas much appreciated

Comments

• I had maybe the same problem but it said it was installed correctly so I couldn't connect to DAZ from the programme so there was no content in it. I made a serach for DAZ in window (Serach window down left in the bottom toolbar of windows) and could choose solve problem of the programme and then "test programme" and then it worked. I'm not really sure how I did this thou...... cheeky

Now I can connect and is installed but I don't get the new feature "Face Transfer" where DAZ say it should be. So I don't think I have all new feutures.

• I've tried updating to the new 4.12 build, via DLM.

The download seems ok, but I get an "install failed" message when it tries to install. I deleted the download and tried again - no luck.

I am running on Windows 10

I did think about trying a manual install but cant find anywhere to download it, maybe that will work?

Any ideas much appreciated

Make sure it is cleared from the Downloads folder and try again via DIM, or get the manual installer from the product Library page in your account just as you do with content.

• I've got a bit of a menu of issues - probably related??

1     DLM download of DS 4.12 fails to install, but will install from manual download

2     No CMS because PostgreSQL not working properly, not discoverable in DLM, and although registered as installed I cannot delete it from DLM and try again

3     DLM will not accept  the PostgreSQL as a download (probably thinks it is still installed

4     DLM always tries to instal 4.12 as an update, when it is already installed, then fails to install when it attempts

5     I uninstalled all versions of Daz studio from my computer, (go back to step 1)

I can at least run 4.12 from the manual download, but no smart content, I can live with that but this is driving me mad - any thoughts clever people???

FYI I am running windows 10, 32gb ram, Nvidia 1050 graphics card

• If you click the gear icon at top right of the Install Manager window to open Preferences you can then click a button to open the log file - what does it show after trying to install 4.12?

• Installing product : DAZ Studio 4.12 (Win 64-bit)
    WARNING: Killed Process
    WARNING: QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running.
    Product installation failed : DAZ Studio 4.12 (Win 64-bit)
    Install Queue finished in 1 min 0.9 sec.

• Merged threads.

What about the start of the log file, before it gets to trying to install anything? Is DIM able to isntall content (I know you don't have DS, but just as a test)?

• Sorry, couldn't reply sooner - had to go to work

I hope the following throws some light - still stumped

+++++++++++++++ Install Manager 1.2.0.27 starting +++++++++++++++++
    OS bits: 64
    Platform bits: 64
    Qt Version: 4.8.7
    Locale: en_GB
    Running on Windows 10, Build 9200, No Service Pack Installed
    Physical Memory:
        Total: 31.9 GB (34315550720)
        Avail: 25.3 GB (27190992896)
    Virtual Memory:
        Total: 127.9 TB (140737488224256)
        Avail: 127.9 TB (140732945543168)
    Current Memory Usage: 20%
    Current DateTime:
        Loc: Sun 29. Sep 21:40:21 2019
        UTC: Sun 29. Sep 20:40:21 2019
    Application Data:
        Location = C:/Users/GJPrice/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/InstallManager
        Disk Total: 464.8 GB (499130929152)
        Disk Avail: 343.1 GB (368416342016)
    Reading dzInstall.ini
    Current Account: Account
    Current Download Path:
        Location = C:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/Downloads
    Current Content Install Path:
        Location = E:/My DAZ 3D Library
        Disk Total: 2.7 TB (3000574668800)
        Disk Avail: 763.3 GB (819610886144)
    Current 64-bit Software Install Path:
        Location = C:/Program Files
    Current 32-bit Software Install Path:
        Location = C:/Program Files (x86)
        Disk Avail: 343.1 GB (368416337920)
    Starting CMS...
    Current Account: Account

Installing product : DAZ Studio 4.12 (Win 64-bit)
    WARNING: Killed Process
    Product installation failed : DAZ Studio 4.12 (Win 64-bit)
    Install Queue finished in 1 min 0.9 sec.

• By the way, it will install content

• I should have asked what security software you are using.

• Just standard windows anti virus that comes with windows 10

• Sorry, at this point I am out of ideas and can only suggest opening a support ticket.

• Ok - thanks anyway

• I can't manually install that version either.It basically says the same thing when trying to install it...

• loe2414loe2414 Posts: 0

Was this ever resolved? Having the exact same issues. PostgreSQL will not uninstall/reinstall. Studio 4.12 will not install/update thru DIM.

"WARNING: Killed Process 
    Install Failed: DAZ Studio 4.12 (Win 64-bit)"

PostgreSQL returns a similar error. I have uninstalled/reinstalled both Studio and DIM manually. Can still use Studio, but no Smart Content, and get a PostgreSQL warning every time I enter Studio.

For the record, using Windows 10 and built-in antivirus only.

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

One Possible Reason for this problem could be that the admistartive User can not access the packages
    I for instance have the Package Download  Path on a Network drive (my Nas) but my Admin user was not connected to this Network share.

So open c:/windows/explorer.exe (or another file manager as total commander) as Administrator (right click -> start as Administrator) and make shure the Admin can access the packages.

• I have the same issue on a mac!  I'm pissed that I can't get to my projects and deadlines are coming!   can't install can't do anything!

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,807

While this won't help the fellow with the Mac, I recently had this same issue with Studio 4.21, and it turned out to be caused by a pending Windows update.  A restart fixed it...