Trouble posing a plump G8 female figure in a sitting position.

I having problem with posing a plump G8 female figure in a sitting position. In the real world if a heavy set person was sitting you would see their stomach protrude over their thighs but when I do that with a G8F character the thighs cut into the stomach and it does not look realistic.  Are there morphs that can help me here?

BB69A Stacie Asks Doctor if He Can Help Her.png
667 x 1080 - 1M
Post edited by cheznous2029_28ab1adedc on

Comments

• Not that I know of. Plump females have a lot of issues in the hip/crotch area each time thighs are bent a lot. I generally just try to cover the distorted areas with hands/props or different camera angles. You can also use dformers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGt_AGiOPrs but this is a lot of work and usually still doesn't give you a very good result. I really hope they find a way to fix this in the next generation of models.

• Using a smoothing modifier colliding witn something inserted inbetween like an almost flat sphere might help

• Me and sickleyield had a set of morphs for thicker figures, which included hip corrector JCMs. Take a look here - Big Girl Morphs

• Me and sickleyield had a set of morphs for thicker figures, which included hip corrector JCMs. Take a look here - Big Girl Morphs

Love these morphs gonna pick 'em up pronto!

I bought this and I'll try them to see if they help me.  My girl is not really big just I would say plump! :)

I bought this and I'll try them to see if they help me.  My girl is not really big just I would say plump! :)

I did try the morphs but the thighs still cut into the belly, what should happen, like in real life is that the belly should hang over the thigh!

• marblemarble Posts: 7,482

KindredArts said:

Me and sickleyield had a set of morphs for thicker figures, which included hip corrector JCMs. Take a look here - Big Girl Morphs

I bought this product today and I'm afraid that the distortions and clipping are pretty bad. I love the characters in zero pose but as soon as I apply any pose which has bending or - well, almost any natural pose - there is either mesh distortion or clipping (arms through breasts is almost inevitable).

I would add that I am a big fan of both @KindredArts and @SickleYield so this is just one of those products that I write off as a good try but no cigar.

Pose1.jpg
    885 x 927 - 65K
    Pose2.jpg
    912 x 946 - 71K
    Pose3.jpg
    962 x 650 - 58K
  • Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Ah drat. Was hoping there was a male couterpart but doesn't seem to be the case.

One of my favorite characters that I've never really been able to fully use is Big George: https://www.daz3d.com/george-for-genesis-8-male

But as I've found, there's very little wardrobe for him and several other large figures.  Eventually that's going to be a Marvelous Designer project I suspect. Main problem is that even in the default A-Pose, his upper arms still penetrate this upper Torso.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,482

Doc Acme said:

Ah drat. Was hoping there was a male couterpart but doesn't seem to be the case.

One of my favorite characters that I've never really been able to fully use is Big George: https://www.daz3d.com/george-for-genesis-8-male

But as I've found, there's very little wardrobe for him and several other large figures.  Eventually that's going to be a Marvelous Designer project I suspect. Main problem is that even in the default A-Pose, his upper arms still penetrate this upper Torso.

I use George a lot (only the G3M version) but, as you say, not at full weight, as it were. I tend to dial a percentage of George into a lot of my older males but there comes a point when posing him in clothes causes major problems. I also have Marvelous Designer but it is an expensive but little-used icon on my Desktop so far. I really should do more with it.

Back to the Big Girl Morph issues - I did a few more experiments with G8f and with some of the standard morphs such as Pear Shaped and Heavy and found that they too had the ugly skin-fold  mesh issues. Maybe Genesis 9 or Genesi X or whatever comes next will have better JCMs than G8. We can hope although I would rather see a fix for G8.