Re-opening pictures reveals messed up Genesis surfaces

HeraHera Posts: 1,955
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hello!
Sometimes when I close down projects and re-open them later the Genesis surfaces has become all messed up and the people look spooky (see attached pic) Now, why is this happening and how do I prevent it (DAZ 4 pro)

error.jpg
650 x 714 - 43K

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited July 2012

Seems like to need to change the UV set to match the texture. I've not had this happen in the scenario you describe, but that will be the fix. What version of studio you using(4.0 or 4.5)?

Just go under surfaces and you should see an option to pick the UV set and you can fix it there. This used to happen occasionally when I apply a texture to genesis but they fixed it in one of the 4.0 releases some time ago. I very rarely see this issue now but either way its a quick fix.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • HeraHera Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

Thanks, larsmidnatt, it worked excellent.
    It's odd though I don't have M5 among those UV maps. That can be one of the reasons for this reocurring error. However I did try M4 and that went fine.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,796
    edited December 1969

This happens to me frequently. I have the latest DAZ 4 release that I know of (4.0.3.47). The problem seems to have gotten much worse since I bought Michael 5 and the V4 M4 shapes for Genesis. Even if I lock the UV set in the surfaces tab, the next time I open it, it might be all messed up again. I know the workaround to reset it, but does anybody know how to stop it from getting changed?