Llola Lane's Story Telling Thread... Looking for Writers/Poets!!! Join me if you wish :)

123457»

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,075

My Doctor’s Advice

My doctor asked me to tell him what foods I eat
    Tell me the good, the bad, fatty, salty and sweet

He will tell me what’s bad I have no doubt
    List them all he said leave nothing out

Fried Chicken from ol Kentuck the best I had
    My doctor replied, you do know that’s bad

Burger and fries from the B King lad

A slice of chocolate pie makes me feel glad

Pasta must have cheese sauce or I’ll be sad

Meats wheat and treats the list was not drab

HA! I like broccoli I yelled my face red and mad
    My doctor replied, to much green could be bad

He gave me a menu of things I could eat
    Nothing good here, nothing fatty, salty or sweet

Fruit Veggies and fish, this is what was on his list
    I shouted, Bland starvation, I’m in heavenly bliss

You do know that was sarcastic you nasty old cad
    My doctor replied, you do know name calling is bad

Ha... I can TOTALLY relate deeleelaw57 ... Hubby tells me it's better than the alternative... but he CAN eat what he wants... bahhhh 

Thanks for sharing!       

Hi Gang.. still here... working on more artwork/stories to add here shortly.  Please feel free to add YOUR.. ORIGINAL... stories/poems/songs to this thread... remember 1000ish words with 1 piece of artwork.... if you want to add another piece of art... add another 1000ish words to your story.  It's that simple :)  Happy rendering!

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited July 2017

Hotrod Summer Nights

You haven't met me yet, but my name is Tobias, I like girls, hotrods, racing on the street, and I absolutely hate school and homework, not necessarily in that order, but I'm a senior at West Park High, we have a car club there, we all race on the streets, and try to keep away from Officer Stadanko, the number one racer in the area is Sue Harper, she always wins, she always has the fastest cars, she's hot to boot!

We had this new girl come to town one day, some say she's so new, she is of the generation 8 series of humans, I say its a government conspiracy, everyone knows you can't go past generation 3/7, I hear she has a cherry red Model A Ford sporting a Flathead, man o man, the old flathead Fords aren't even on anyones radar anymore these days, yet I hear she is winning big races, I just hope she comes after me, with my small block sitting in my Deuce, I'm packin' over 500 horses, my car is lightening fast, I can win me some money, or maybe the pink slip to her Model A!

Then came the day it was my turn, she is truly an all new girl, just her body can do things I know aren't possible for any Generation 7 or earlier people, she wanted to race, said she had heard that I had a fast car, of course I do, I spend all my money on it, and I still can't beat Sue, this girl says her name is Duffy, man is she a looker, can't be too smart, after all, if she thinks that 29 Ford with a flathead V8 is gonna beat everyone in town, but she wants to race never the less, so yeah, for $500 or your pink slip baby!

The big night came, it was a Friday night, we lined up on Blake Ave, a famous hot spot for street racers, she called me out, so I say yeah, I know my car will womp all over her outdated underpowered streetrod showcar with big whitewalls, painted candy apple red, she even likes to dress in red, she is a good looking blonde of course, and in my opinion, she lives up to the reputation of being a blonde!

The light turned green, and she was gone, I mean, she was five or six car lengths ahead of me, all the way through the quarter mile, I can't believe it, she won, she beat me like I was just sitting there, she won the race, now I don't have $500, and I sure don't want to lose my car, so I rushed back to Moonshines Diner, over to find her there waiting for me, oh crap!

Duffy; “Look punk, you lost, that will be $500 bucks, pay up baby doll, or sign over your pink slip, you know what the bet was!”

Tobias: “Uh! Oh! Yeah, I'm gonna have to make payments to ya, I just don't have it on me at the moment!”

Duffy; “What? Why didn't you have the money on you when you agreed to the terms of the race? You lost the race you little punk, pay up or sign your car over to me now!”

Just then, George, Tobias' father walked up hearing them arguing, “Whats going on here?”

“Dad, this woman is trying to shake me down for $500 or the pink slip to my car!”

“Really? Why would she do that?”

“We raced, he lost, he knew what the bet was when he lost the race, just like he would know what it is if he had won the race!” Duffy said.

“Is this true son?” George asked.

“Yeah, I don't have $500, and I don't want to lose my car, I'm trying to make arrangements to make payments to her, but she doesn't accept payments!”

“Sure I do, I take one payment everytime I win one race, so pay up buttercup!” Duffy said.

“Dad, There isn't anything legal she can do is there?”

“No son, there isn't anything she can do legally, obviously street racing is illegal, so calling the police is out, taking you to court is out, simply because street racing is illegal, as is gambling, so you are correct, legally, she can do nothing, but in front of all your friends, and family, you welshed on a bet, and refused to make it right, need that loan from Uncle Fred? You can forget it, need something from someone else, you can forget it, you will have a terrible reputation, People will always perceive you as a deadbeat, you will never get ahead in life for sure!”

“What should I do dad?”

“Pay the Lady!”

Pay the Lady.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 514K
    Post edited by GLWoodard on
  • deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478
    edited September 2017

Joe Tuesday PI

Night time arrived with a cooling breeze taking over for the days summer heat wave. It wasn't very hot but the humidity here in the Coastal-Region made it feel worse. Or at least the weather men on channel nine thought so. I spent the day in my office going over old files and searching the newspaper for anything that may lead to viable employment. I was so desperate I thought about searching the want ads. Luckily I came to my senses in the nick of time.

It was getting late. I had enough for one day. I lit up one of my favorite five cent cigars and poured a shot of the finest cheapest stuff I could afford. I was about to kick back grab the paper once again and study tomorrows racing sheet when there was a knock at my door.

I was startled for a moment, no one ever comes around this late and my clients usually don't knock. I grabbed baby girl, my semi auto from the desk drawer inserted the clip and chambered a round, I leaned back in a casual relaxed position, we were ready. Come in I said. Two words I would soon regret.

She walked in, a tall slender red head, a real beauty, the kind that could make grown men whimper and beg. For the first time since starting this career I was happy not to be a whimpering grown man. She was wearing a very expensive black evening gown with long black gloves and a sweet pair of leather high heels to match. Those shoes could make this grownup whimper. Though, very much out of place in this run down neighbor hood.

She glanced around the room and then at me. With a surprised inquisitive tone she asked 'Your Joe Tuesday PI?'

That is what the sign on the door says.

Joe?

That's me.

Tuesday?

Yes.

Why?

Because some cop out west already had Joe Friday.

I could almost feel her anger and frustration at my comment. Now is not the time to chase off potential paying clients I thought to my self.

Look miss ?

Blaine. Jessie Blaine she replied with a bit of anger still in her voice.

Look Miss Blaine,

Please call me Jessie adding in a low mumbled voice, I don't care much for my last name right now.

Alright, Jessie let me explain, I am trained licensed PI. I have investigative skills, studied martial arts and edge weapons since I was five. I can shoot the wings off a fly at fifty yards and with all of that if I put Josephine on my door most of my clients are 12 years old with lost cats or dogs.

And Tuesday she asked

Now I was getting a bit frustrated. I have a very long very hard to pronounce Italian last name.

Is that true

No, Tuesday is my real last name.

For the first time she smiled just a little. I put baby girl back in the drawer sat up straight and asked her to have a seat.

Now Jessie why don't you tell me why you are here.

She sat slightly hunched over staring at her handbag she held in her lap. She raised her head slowly as tears swelled in her eyes. I pulled a tissue from the drawer and handed it to her.

Just take it slow and easy Jessie and when your ready you tell me the problem and will see how I can help.   

He has been missing for a week she said, I have been to other private eyes and the police and no one will help.

Calm down Jessie and tell me who he is.

He is my Honey Bunny Roger and a week ago he vanished as if he slipped down that old rabbit hole.

Great I thought to myself another missing pet case. I bet the the desk Sargent down at the ninth put her on to me. Note to self, never bring a cop doughnuts and refer to him as chubby.

Well at least she wasn't 12 years old.   

Joe Tuesday PI.jpg
    1200 x 1050 - 505K
    Post edited by deeleelaw57 on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

good one - laughyes

ooo I'm sooo glad you wrote a story to go with your artwork for B&W Dee... it's WONDERFUL!!!!!  Thanks oodles for sharing.

• Thank you bigh and Llola. I wrote the story on the first while putting the render together. I took a week to work up to posting it.

Thank you bigh and Llola. I wrote the story on the first while putting the render together. I took a week to work up to posting it.

sooo glad you did.. ;)  Thanks again.

• ChameoChameo Posts: 306
    edited September 2017

I've just spent a lovely hour going through this thread from the start and enjoying the stories and the renders, even the one that made me cry! I'm glad deeleelaw57 posted a story and popped it back up where I'd see it (and I love the sly Roger Rabbit reference in there!). This render started as a lighting experiment - I just wanted to play with "moonlight" streaming through the windows of the old warehouse setting - but as I tweaked it and played with it and started adding propos, the story built itself in my mind.

Dinner at 7

A year ago, through some serendipitous bit of magic, I wandered into this old, abandoned factory and my whole life changed. Tonight, I'm hoping to change it again... forever, or at least for the rest of our lives.

I guess "wandered into" doesn't exactly describe what happened. I was dragged there by a buddy who was tired of hearing me complain about being bored with life. Said I needed to get out of my own head and think about someone else and he had just the thing - some community group was rehabbing an old warehouse to turn it into affordable studio apartments and a community center. Whatever. I was down for hauling junk and painting some walls.

The last thing I expected was to spend an amazing day talking about the world and ways to make it better with the most incredible, magical girl I've ever met. The funny thing is, I didn't even notice her when I first walked in. She's not the kind of girl who turns heads when she walks into a room, you know? But when she started talking about her dreams, everything about her just lit up - and I swear, the whole dingy warehouse just lit up with her. I went from barely seeing her to not being able to take my eyes off her.

I won't lie. The first few times I went back, it was just to see her. The work we were doing was just incidental. I'm not sure exactly when that changed, but after a while, I was showing up because what we were doing was important. And I wasn't just showing up there. Some of the kids we were working with headed down to the town Common every Saturday to give out free lunches, and since I cook a pretty mean chili, I started heading out with them. And I - me, who always thought politics was the biggest scam going - stood out in the rain holding campaign signs for a guy who wanted to put in more green spaces in the neighborhoods I'd always thought of as "the bad part of town."

And through it all, she was right there with me. We started grabbing lunch before things, and hanging out talking for hours afterwards. We started talking about things "we" would do next week... next month... next year. That's when I realized that I wanted her in my life for the rest of my life.

When I first decided to propose, I thought about making reservations at the fanciest joint in town - but you know? That's not where I want to start our new adventure. We've just started working on loft apartments in the top floor of that old factory building. Earlier this week, I put down a deposit for one with south-facing windows and asked her to meet me there to help me figure out some stuff. The table is set, the candles are lit, and the full moon is rising outside. Through the window, I'm watching her walk up the street, shadow moving from street lamp to street lamp, and just like that day exactly one year ago, I can't take my eyes off of her.

dinner-at-seven-moonlight-done.png
    1200 x 1200 - 3M
    Post edited by Chameo on
  • Wow chameleonsdream this is great. I enjoyed reading it very much.

Could be a romance of romances were they wed and live happily ever after.

Please don't tell me the riisng full moon is an indication that one of them will go warewolf crazy. 

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

Wow chameleonsdream this is great. I enjoyed reading it very much.

Please don't tell me the riisng full moon is an indication that one of them will go warewolf crazy. 

surprise

Wow chameleonsdream this is great. I enjoyed reading it very much.

LOL!! I hadn't even thought of that angle. My mind doesn't tend toward the supernatural romance. Now you've got me thinking about, though...

ooo What a WONDERFUL story chameleonsdream   ... you are welcome to add to it .. just make another render to go with the next part.  I'm entrigued.  Thanks you for sharing.  (thumbzzzzzzzz up!)

ooo What a WONDERFUL story chameleonsdream   ... you are welcome to add to it .. just make another render to go with the next part.  I'm entrigued.  Thanks you for sharing.  (thumbzzzzzzzz up!)

Aww, thanks, @llola lane blush. I enjoyed writing it. When I posted it, I had already entered it in the September PC Render contest - and to my shock, it won for the first half of the month. There were so many excellent renders that I never expected that. I think I have the render for the another installment - I just didn't realilze that's what it was when I put it together. Stay tuned!

Chameo said:

Aww, thanks, @llola lane blush. I enjoyed writing it. When I posted it, I had already entered it in the September PC Render contest - and to my shock, it won for the first half of the month. There were so many excellent renders that I never expected that. I think I have the render for the another installment - I just didn't realilze that's what it was when I put it together. Stay tuned!

<-- biting her nails as she waits  ;)

Llola Lane said:

<-- biting her nails as she waits  ;)

Ha... I think my fingers have fallen off... Totally forgot about this thread... Sheesh... I've been thinking about writing again... Winter will soon be here... Maybe I will make that my New Years resolution...  Feel free to join me if you have an original story and render to go with it.. Feel free to post it here.  (waiting... still)  LOL