NEW USER Contest January 2014 "WIP Thread"

2»

Comments

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

Scott - Since there is still time for tweaking before the contest - if you have any further suggestions I would love to hear them.

One thing that bothers myself about the render is the fact that all the wine glasses are empty. I am not sure exactly how to make them look like there is liquid in them, but I am trying to do that now - I don't give up easily so...

You could try this item from DAZ - http://www.daz3d.com/baroque-grandeur-service-set

Or there are some free props on Share CG that might work. You have to register.

Tinkering never ends.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Scott - Since there is still time for tweaking before the contest - if you have any further suggestions I would love to hear them.

One thing that bothers myself about the render is the fact that all the wine glasses are empty. I am not sure exactly how to make them look like there is liquid in them, but I am trying to do that now - I don't give up easily so...

The only thing I noticed was that the lighting on the main female character seems to be a bit stronger on her torso than on her face. It's a minor thing, but the viewer's eyes tend to be drawn towards the light.

In terms of the wine glasses, there are many ways to approach that...definitely the easiest would be to load glasses that are already set up to look as if they contain wine. But if you'd rather work with the glasses you have, you could add wine in postwork, or insert some sort of prop into the glasses to represent wine...

• ImagineXImagineX Posts: 69
    edited December 1969

@Kismet - Thx for the link.

@Scott - After reading your comment and taking a closer look at it, I agree my eye is drawn to the man and her belly. I will try to improve on that.
    as for the wine in the glasses - I made a small cylinder primitive and applied a liquid texture. The glasses are kind of a crystal , so not totally see thru, it looks alright.
    I will repost with the wine in glasses and the lighting change.

Thx again to you all.

edited December 1969

I got wine in the glasses now. I adjusted the lighting to bring out her face a bit more. I will of course make the final render 800X450.

I think I am finished. Again thank you to all of you for your suggestions and help. I am new to this whole forum thing.

FINAL_New_Year_Proposal.jpg
    1832 x 881 - 913K
    edited December 1969

I find the feedback I get invaluable. Someone always points out something I didn't see or if I have a problem has a helpful suggestion.

Do keep in mind though that the final say is yours. It is your render telling your story.

Nicely done.

edited December 1969

Thank you Kismet

• Security16Security16 Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

This is my attempt so far but I think something is a bit off about it and I just can't quite place it.
    Any constructive criticism is welcomed

party2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 358K
  • Security16Security16 Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

Moire and her friend are out on the town to have some fun!

I am still not entirely happy with their expressions, and the background, but its getting there.

Amy

Perhaps you could put an invisible object somewhere in front of them and use the "point at" feature for each of their eyes to make it look like they are not just blankly staring into space.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,819
    edited December 1969

Just a little reminder if you haven't put your entry in the contest entry thread, please don't forget to do so as the contest is winding to an end (there's exactly a week left) :)

edited December 1969

This is my attempt so far but I think something is a bit off about it and I just can't quite place it.
    Any constructive criticism is welcomed

I think it may be the eyes again. I would say maybe have her eyes looking down (sad) or upward (more hopeful) or completely closed even possibly to help add to whatever feeling you are going for (it always amazes me just how much eye position can change the mood of an image :))

• TobiasGTobiasG Posts: 447
    edited December 1969

I put the pink haired girl a bit closer, and added a slight bounce light.

Good_Times7.jpg
    800 x 600 - 321K
    edited December 1969

Here is the latest version.

Title: New Year's Get Together

DAZ 4.6 Pro Beta

New_Years_Get_Together_43.jpg
    800 x 450 - 204K
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

whoha, lovely renders this month ! great job all of you :)

Personally I have had less time than usual, but I finally got time to put together something that resembles my new year celebration *smiles lightly* Putting it in here since I am sure it is far from perfect, and there is still a couple of days left :)

Lonesome New Year

lonesomenewyear.jpg
    800 x 615 - 93K
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    whoha, lovely renders this month ! great job all of you :)

Personally I have had less time than usual, but I finally got time to put together something that resembles my new year celebration *smiles lightly* Putting it in here since I am sure it is far from perfect, and there is still a couple of days left :)

Lonesome New Year

Lovely render Carola.

• StargazeyStargazey Posts: 240
    edited December 1969

Not how I spent New Year this year!

"A New Year for two lonely people". DS 4.6.

NewYear-DecoBar_final.jpg
    800 x 600 - 337K
    edited December 1969

I would have to create a render of me asleep in bed to show how I've spent the last few New Year's. ;-)

edited December 1969

Don't forget to put your final images in the contest submission threads everyone :) Only 5 more days to get your entries in! :)