Copy morph properties of a body part and turn it into a morph?

porunopalporunopal Posts: 16

I want to make my own morphs for specific body parts but so far nothing I've done works!

For example, let's say I make a hybrid figure by using two morphs and I think the head is cool, I want to be able to save the changes as a morph only for the head and leave the rest of the body as default. If I use this morph on a new genesis figure for example, the head will change but no other parts of the body will be affected.

I've tried to use a deformer tutorials but it only reflected my changes on top of the the morph, but didn't save the morph. I tried another tutorial on daz documentation: Advanced: Creating Morph Controlled Morphs but I couldn't find the property editor anywhere!

Can anyone tell me either how to make an individual body part morph from another morph? Or lock individual body parts to stay normal and then put a normal morph on?

Otherwise how would I take a morphed genesis and then import it into something like hexagon, remove everything from the neck down and then merge that onto a default genesis, then save that as a morph (if this is possible could you point me to a tutorial?)

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

when we make morph from obj for daz triax figures we can not use partial body obj.
    we need to make full body obj, (which need to keep vertex counts and vertex order as same as genesis)

eg If I export genesis, to other 3d aprication, then cut genesis head only.
    tweak each vertices as I want,there seems no problem, but,
    when I import the head.obj as new genesis head morph. it never work.
    simply DS morph loader tell you, vertex count is not much etc.

on the other hand, if you keep vertex counts, and vertex order, you can make FBM which change
    only head vertices positon= only change head shape.

then you can call it as partial body morph, or head morph etc.

eg,,

export genesis base as zero resolution. then hide under neck part to prevent change,
    then tweak head part by 3d modelor, as I want. (but not cut or delete vertices, or add or change vertex order,
    it depend on which modelor and which tool of modelor you use to defroming.
    jsut select vertices, meshes, edges and move, or scale, it never change vertex counts, and order.

then re-import it as morph loader, it can be new Head morph for genesis.

the morph keep only delta about head part, so that it can be useful as piartial head morph.
    you can mix other head morph, or other FBM easy.

or,, most simple way to your original character head morph,
    and I recommend to understand, how daz morph work,

mix genesis head shape by only using head morphs. it means, your actor body part (under neck)
    are perfectly same as zero genesis. but your character head is cute girl etc.

then export the new Full shape as obj, then re-import as cute girl head morph by morph loader.
    save it as morph, which you can use as you hope for genesis (or gen2) as same as other product morph.

if you get success or still have problem , try next step. and ask where you feel problem.