Janet Genesis 8 female skin texture doesnt work

Hi, I have Janet Genesis 8 female but her skin texture doesnt work. Her torso, hips, shoulders and neck has a darker coulor than the rest of her arms and legs. Does someone else have this problem? Does someone know how to correct it? (With the skin from other characters it is as normal, only her own skin is like that)

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077
    edited September 2019

@Fantasy

I see the same issue. You should submit a ticket.

Janet G8F Texture problem.png
    750 x 1125 - 730K
    Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

There's an issue on either Template 2, or Templates 1, 3 and 4, and it's probably 2.

Go to surfaces, select Skin and scroll down looking for a setting on the right containing a ? (the ones in the image contain values such as 0.50 and 100.00.); this might be the issue. Usually they are all the same, as the image shows here.

If you do find one, select Template 2, then 3 and 4 (for example); 3 and 4 should be the same, but 2 will have a different value. If you do see this, change it to the same as the others.

It might be a work-around whilst you wait for a fix, depends on what you find. I can't try myself as I don't own the character.

mats.JPG
    604 x 1051 - 124K

I did put a ticket in. Issue was confirmed and moved the the bug tracker.

• fastbike1 said:

What is "moved the bug tracker"? Did they solve it for you?

• nicstt said:

There's an issue on either Template 2, or Templates 1, 3 and 4, and it's probably 2.

Go to surfaces, select Skin and scroll down looking for a setting on the right containing a ? (the ones in the image contain values such as 0.50 and 100.00.); this might be the issue. Usually they are all the same, as the image shows here.

If you do find one, select Template 2, then 3 and 4 (for example); 3 and 4 should be the same, but 2 will have a different value. If you do see this, change it to the same as the others.

It might be a work-around whilst you wait for a fix, depends on what you find. I can't try myself as I don't own the character.

Thanks I will try that, I have never done that kind of things.

• I submitted a ticket, my experience is that it takes a long time to get a reply, we will see.

•  

Fantasy said:
    fastbike1 said:

It means it has been logged on the internal bug database, so they agree it's an issue.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

I reported this back in December of 2018.Ticket #287837. 

I got a reply in 24 hours.

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 957
    edited September 2019

fastbike1

Getting a reply isn't a fix though. The problem seems to be the torso normal map as turning it off fixes the problem. The temporary work around soulution then is to turn off the normal maps for all skin surfaces or just the torso.

Post edited by nabob21 on
  • nabob21 said:

fastbike1

Getting a reply isn't a fix though. The problem seems to be the torso normal map as turning it off fixes the problem. The temporary work around soulution then is to turn off the normal maps for all skin surfaces or just the torso.

Where do you turn that off?

Same place as in my explanation above.

You could try setting all normal maps to zero, or removing the normal map textures.

You could try setting all normal maps to zero, or removing the normal map textures.

edited September 2019

You might need to turn all normal maps to zero - select Skin or Skin Lips and Nails; just Skin might be enough. If you slide the slider to zero and it looks better try a render, even if it doesn't look better in the viewport, still try a render, but if the viewport doesn't change you might need to do something else.

normal.JPG
    589 x 800 - 94K
    Post edited by nicstt on
  • FantasyFantasy Posts: 40
    edited September 2019

Hi all and thanks for your replies. I got an answer from DAZ with a temporary solution. It's something like Nisctt wrote but more specifik so even I could make it with my limited skills in the DAZ functions. 

"Hello,
    We are still waiting for our QA team to address this issue.  In the meantime, we did find a workaround that will work temporarily.  Load the Janet 8 in your scene, and make sure she is selected in your scene pane.  Then, go to the Surfaces pane, and expand the Janet section, and then expand Surfaces.  Under this go to Torso>Base.  On the right hand side scroll to the very bottom of the pane, and turn Normal Map down from 1 to 0.  I have also attached a screenshot of where to find this.

Thank you,
    Amy"

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/307439

My render with the fix attached

Janet fixed skin.jpg
    425 x 521 - 40K
    Post edited by Fantasy on
  • robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 790

The proper FIX for Janet for G8F skin texture is to adjust the image Gamma level to 1 for the Torso Normal Map (to match with the other Janet Normal Maps).... Details can be found here...

Problem with G8F Janet Skin Seams by Akasha and Anain - Solved
    Full Thread Link: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/558626/problem-with-g8f-janet-skin-seams-by-akasha-and-anain-solved/p1

Direct Link to Solution: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7398906/#Comment_7398906

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

Richard Haseltine said:

It means it has been logged on the internal bug database, so they agree it's an issue.

Yes, Richard is right they agree that there is a problem. When it is posted to the Bug Tracker so they know there is a bug. Then it would mostly depend on the issue with the product and the age of it. If a product is deemed too old to update, then (Useable Pro-Noun) will no longer be able to offer support on it. Seeing how this was reported in 2018 I guess this meets that criteria. This could be because of a lot of things. Death of the PA acceptable. Other reasons I can guess about all day long.