Improvements for us DAZ artists!

DesignemDesignem Posts: 63
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

Improvements:

Dear DAZ,

If, DAZ could add a search parameter; i.e. glasses, in the Scene tab it would improve my productivity TENFOLD! I'm always having to expand and collapse everything in the scene tab to get to the exact item to manipulate I need to change. Think intuitive for us artists! Bless you for a great product DAZ!

Or!.... an expand/ collapse for individual items. Let's say glasses under a particular genesis figure. ..

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,952
    edited December 1969

issue with that is you need to know what it is called
    I have this enough in content and parameter searches
    glasses your example might be named specs or eyewear (unlikely but possible just an example)
    many things have a name search does not find or common letters ie hair chair
    it is bad enough for content I usually seach by other means ie Windows explorer

expand all and using arrow icon and clicking on item probably easier anyway

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

There are a few rules to keep in mind in the Scene Tab. Things like Hair, glasses and ear rings are normally smart propped to the figure, And that is most times the HEAD of the figure. Things like Weapons that smart prop will go to one of the figures HANDS, rings maybe to just one Finger on a Hand. As those are called Nodes on a figure and as pointed out above for a search to work properly not only would a search for a full node tree for each figure be needed but the Name of the item as it LOADed to the scene would be needed. Now add in Props and all the other possible nodes and your talking about a very complex Search script that could be done. But I just use the Right Click Expand>Expand All and there you have everything open to look at on the selected figure.