camera moving crazy

JonathanHJonathanH Posts: 0

I'm using Forest Superior with LDP-R (Light Dome product) and some characters. I'm using the camera from the Light Dome package because I need the fog to give the forest interior a dark appearance in a distance. I have a few characters inside the forest and I'm making shots for a comic.

However, whenever I try to move the camera using the widgets, the camera moves in a crazy fashion. The dials work sometimes but they also make the camera move around in a crazy unpredictable fashion. They are much harder to get the shots right with. I tried setting a point-to option to the camera (pointing it to the character I want in the center) and the camera still behaves crazy. I can't use the point-to option to get the general vicinity and then turn it off and adjust the shot with dials because the moment I take off the point-to the camera returns to the point it was before I set the point-to (which is incredibly frustrating).

What makes this even more frustrating it that for some reason the scene is incredibly slow and adjustments take forever. A few months ago I used a similar setup and I didn't have this problem with slowness nor with the camera.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,322
    edited December 1969

Use the frame/aim icon in the camera controls - the broken square with a cross in the middle, one up from the bottom - to aim the camera at the selected item (right-click) or to frame the selected item (left-click). Note that if you select the figure ("Genesis" or whatever) but you used the hip bone to position the figure in the scene that may not give the right result - in that case you'd need to select the hip before aiming the camera.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

What makes this even more frustrating it that for some reason the scene is incredibly slow and adjustments take forever. A few months ago I used a similar setup and I didn't have this problem with slowness nor with the camera.
    ]

Which program are you using?

If you are using Studio, try temporarily disabling and smoothing/collisions on your character's clothing.