Fit problem with Yvanovich Bun Hair and Beard for Genesis 8 Male(s)

Ulysses0302Ulysses0302 Posts: 15

I just purchased the new hair set "Yvanovich Bun Hair and Beard for Genesis 8 Male(s)" but something seems to be off with it. It only autofits properly to my G8M characters if they are in the center of the scene and in zero pose, otherwise it hovers behind their heads. And even then it doesn't fit properly, I had to manually move it up in this test to make it almost fit but there are still some glitchy parts. Never had that before with any hairset and especially not content by Neftis3D. Also, the hair slows my viewport down rather drastically, I know fibermesh can do that, oddly enough that never happened before with other products by Neftis like Viktor Long Locks

Edit: It also doesn't follow into a pose after applying it in zero pose.

Clipboard02.jpg
691 x 693 - 132K
Clipboard03.jpg
1037 x 782 - 257K
Post edited by Ulysses0302 on

Comments

• Am having the same issue - I've not had a problem with using any Neftis hair products before.

• I've heard from another user who has that issue, too. So I think there needs to be an update of the hair because as it is, the product isn't useable. 

• Please open a Techncial Support ticket https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

• I discovered that for me, the height morph makes the hair go up and off the head. There could be other morphs, but when the chracter's height morph is zeroed out for me the hair drops down.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,378

The problem is that the hair should also be parented to the head as well as fitted. If you change the parenting from the figure to the head, everything works fine.

• Fitted items shouldn't need parenting to anything other than the figure, so I'd still bug report it.

• Agreed, I opened a ticket and it was reported as a bug now. I hope there's going to be a patch soon.

• And here I thought G8 Males said the heck with man-buns...

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,305
    nemesis10 said:

The problem is that the hair should also be parented to the head as well as fitted. If you change the parenting from the figure to the head, everything works fine.

Good, that you have found a solution. I have just purchased that hair.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,378
    Artini said:
    nemesis10 said:

Good, that you have found a solution. I have just purchased that hair.

Ideally, we will get an update that makes the workaround unneeded..

• Has this been fixed yet

• Has this been fixed yet

When it is you will see an update in DIM/Smart Content (if you have purchased it, and if you go online).

• nemesis10 said:

Not for me, still seems to be a problem in 2023... I am opening a ticket for it... 

• daisuki.nekomusume said:

nemesis10 said:

Not for me, still seems to be a problem in 2023... I am opening a ticket for it... 

Fitted items do not need to be parented at all, and in general should be parented to the root figue node if anything. Changing (or skipping) parenting will break any hierarchical presets.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,868

You may need to redownload that product. The problem reported in the original post was fixed in March 2022. (I filed one of the earliest tickets on that issue.)