Gen2 M6 Head Attachment problem (solved: w/ fix action)

BasisBasis Posts: 121

Using The CCT Utility Transfer, I'm attempting to make a figure that will attach to the Head of M6. But unlike Gen1's M5 every time I try the figure offsets to the wrong location.

Only thing I can think that's could cause this is that M6 isn't the raw Genesis2 shape (the location the head attachment defaults to is the same location it would have been if the Gen2 scale was at 100.)

I've tried "current" setting in the Transfer Utility. I've changed the Default setting of M6 from 1 to 0 and dialed it to 0. But these do nothing.

What must be done differently when trying to make content to M6?

Post edited by Basis on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,337
    edited December 2013

Ideally, you should model around the base Genesis 2 Male. If you do model around a shape, such as M6, make sure you set the scales back to 100% before exporting the OBJ you will use as a mannequin. If this is a GeoGraft then definitely model on the base G2M - the rounding errors in reversing the shape may be enough to break the grafting.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Basis said:
    Only thing I can think that's could cause this is that M6 isn't the raw Genesis2 shape (the location the head attachment defaults to is the same location it would have been if the Gen2 scale was at 100.)

I think that's probably your problem. Just like creating a set of conforming clothes, never create them to a morphed shape, always use the original unmorphed Genesis2. If you've done it all right, you can add your attachment to a Gen2 figure then morph it to M6.
  • BasisBasis Posts: 121
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I had feared that was the case. I had hoped using "Current" instead of "Default" would would have worked in this instanced as it had in a few other projects I'd worked on.

In the end I used a little trickery.

I exported the raw Original object to Hexagon. Then used the transfer utility on the Gen2 with M6 applied. This put it higher on the head.

Then sent the raw original back to DAZ as a morph. This placed the object where it had been (bones were still bad.)

I removed the M6 morphs, this offset the attachment to the correct location for the raw Gen2, Then sent the figured attachment back to Hexagon. Renamed it, then sent it back to DAZ.

Now all I have to do it make some minor corrections to the new Raw object and It should be good to go for my next attempt.

Thanks for the verification guys.