Genesis/Gen2 shoulders/arms ignoring pose presets...

RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,031

Hello...

Frequently, when I am using Genesis- or Genesis 2-based figures, the shoulders and arms will "ignore" the "out of the box" pose presets, remaining in the Zero Pose position, while the rest of the figure poses in accordance with the preset. What causes this, and how does one resolve this issue? The offending nodes are unlocked, because they respond to manual posing.

Thank you.

Comments

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

The same thing happened to me today. Weird. I loaded Justin, put some clothes on him, and then loaded a preset from the content library. I had to close Daz Studio 4, reopen Daz Studio and then load Justin from scratch.

I wish I could help you out more.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,322
    edited December 1969

It seems to be related to certain fitted items, especially hair figures. Try unfitting any hair before applying the pose, then refit the hair.

• RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,031
    edited December 1969

Thanks, all... I'll try that. Must be a bug in DAZ,

• PorphyrogenitusPorphyrogenitus Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

What I do might be a cruder solution, but in any scene where I have that problem, I'll have the same figure "off-camera," but without the hair or headress (like the one from the Lady of the Lake set).

If you apply the pose preset to the secondary figure (the one "offstage"), and then copy figure ---> paste pose to the original/intended figure (the one you're going to render), the pose applies correctly.