Best way to simulate bones thru skin w G8F?

I'd like to be able to simulate the look of bones within skin on a G8F model, but we don't seem to have a G8F skeleton. What other methods/approaches would work for this?

Comments

• Which bones? Some figures and morph packages do have the rib bones as a torso/chest morph, for instance.

You may be able to sink a bony structure to near/under the surface of a model's skin. Then you can use Smoothing Modifiers to try to flow the skin over the bone object.

• how about the breastbone and spine

• Zap ZZap Z Posts: 60

I think a visual image of what you want would help here.

• onixonix Posts: 282

We do have several skeletons available which you can fit on G8 or G3 model  but not sure how that can help unless you want to make a zombie.

@The Blurst of Times

Nope, it does not work like that. I already tried it. results are horrible both with dForce and smoothing

One of the problems is that genesis figures are very low polygon and they hardly have enough geometry for any of those features unless you somehow heavily optimize vertices manually.

there is not even enough geometry for ribs.

The only way to do anything reasonably good looking is to sculpt everything manually with Zbrush. also depending on what you want I got one product from Renderosity which was for some reason removed later  where something like that was done

• if what you want to achieve is an X-Ray effect you can load a G8F character and a skelly on a G8M use the same pose on both scale the Male to be the same size as the Female and superimpose the female on the male.

make the female as transparent as you want or do the texture atlas to create a skin. there are several ways to achieve a transparent character pick the one you like the effect most of.