NEW PRODUCT YOU SHOULD CARRY

RayKatRayKat Posts: 30
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

Two words
Alfa SeeD. The artist formerly known as Aery Soul.
I can't understand why you guys don't carry their stuff.Oh yeah i know what it must be..they carry them at Renderosity?So?
Did they sign an exclusive agreement.I think that would suck if they did..
i love their stuff.I have a ton of Aery Soul stuff and I
think the new stuff looks awesome.Especially 110.10.
I think down the road you'll probably see them jump into the world of video games
That's my ten cnts.
would love to see them in the store
Happy New Year every one and remember
Make Art...not War...much love to all the fom people who have helped me out over the past 6 months
RaYKaT

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It is UP to the Artist which store or stores they sell to. It's not something the Retailer (DAZ 3D) has anything to do with.

• RayKatRayKat Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

I'll have to go sraight to the source then to get to the bottom of this.
    thanks for the heads up.have a dafe and happy new year
    Raykat

• PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

They have sold here but they have left.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

Yeah, it's the artist's choice. There are a number of artists from other sites who I'd like to see selling stuff over here, because of how frustrating it's been to successfully install certain items unless it's through Daz's own auto-installer, but some just aren't inclined to stock their stuff here, for whatever reason.

edited December 1969

Xenomorphine there are some simple rules to installing what is called Third Party Content. And believe it or not it is almost as simple as installing them into DS3 was once you get it. The Big difference is 99% of the off site content will never have Metadata and there for will never be Smart content unless the User makes the metadata. If you expect 3rd party stuff to show in your Smart content Tab you are lost before you even install the files.

edited January 2014

Oh, I realise that. It's just that some things never showed up even in the 'manual' directory-searching tab. So, in the end, I just gave up, feeling I've had my fingers burnt. It's why I feel very wary of getting any content which isn't in the official store; it always feels like a risky gamble.

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
    edited December 1969

I install from ShareCG, Rendo, RDNA, to name just a few all the time. Never lost a single item yet... It's just content that goes in the Right folder or folders. Does your PC support MERGE?

edited December 1969

I'm afraid I've never heard of 'MERGE' before. Couldn't say!

It SHOULD just be a matter of installing in the right folders, I agree. But some third-party products just never showed up, regardless - even after speaking to the artists/modellers in question (complete with sending then screen shots). I'd say I've had a 50/50 hit-or-miss ratio with what works and what doesn't. Fortunately, the vast majority of it was free, so... It was more a case of quitting while I was still ahead. :)

edited December 1969

Well I was just sort of offering to help. I've never meet a Poser or DS based item I could not handle. Now some stuff was just never packaged right to start with. Those I just go NOPE at and delete after I look in them.

edited December 1969

It's appreciated! Could've well been a problem much like that, for all I know.