Fitting High Heels to the Gen Girls?

Hello,

I modeled high heels (plateau pumps) for the Gen 2 Female in a "high heeled"-pose (as I find it hard to model them against the zeroed figure with flat feet).
But now of course can't find a way to fit them correctly...is there a secret to it? The transfer utility is just mocking me.:bug:

What is the best way to model and fit high heels for the Daz Genesis females? Is there a tutorial out there I'm seemingly unable to find?

Thank you for your patience!

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

If you apply the same foot pose to the Figure does that correct the issue? If not try the Foot pose then Parenting the shoes then save the shoes again as an asset once parented. You will of course need to have that Foot pose to apply each time you use the shoes.

• edited December 1969

Thank you for your answer!

But evertime, flat footed and pose footed, the shoes get deformed...as if the high heel pose is doubled on them.
    Just parenting them doesn't work either, the moment the gen girl get's posed the shoes are left behind...
    I will try the "saving as an asset" idea, thank you! :)

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

You should try this tutorial

http://www.sharecg.com/v/61954/browse/3/PDF-Tutorial/DS4-TutorialRigging-High-Heels-for-Genesis-rev1

It's what I used to get my shoes fitted to Genesis, so I would think the principle would be the same for G2F

• edited December 1969

Oy....that looks complicated...
    Thank you!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Insom_Nia said:
    Thank you for your answer!

But evertime, flat footed and pose footed, the shoes get deformed...as if the high heel pose is doubled on them.
    Just parenting them doesn't work either, the moment the gen girl get's posed the shoes are left behind...
    I will try the "saving as an asset" idea, thank you! :)

If they get left behind they were not parented to the feet. I've never built shoes so it was my only Idea.
  • edited December 2013

Okay...my fault...missed parenting to the foot! That works as you said it would, thank you! :)

Post edited by ThinkTank_7c984fcc32 on
  • DogzDogz Posts: 896
    edited December 1969

I find it easiest (less of a head ache) to model high heels for the default foot pose which is flat, its possible but takes a bit of practice, I know that wont help you on this occasion (sorry), but you might want to try it in future maybe?

• edited December 1969

It for sure would be so much easier even as I have still problems to figure out the eventual form using flat feet only...need more training! *sigh*