GoZ to Daz3D crashes due to missing files?

2»

Comments

• After a lot of profanity, I was able to fix this problem on my Mac.  The problem lies in the way the GoZBrushToDAZStudio app was compiled; it's looking for the libraries it needs to load in its own internal "Frameworks" directory, but all of the files actually live in DAZStudios "Frameworks" directory.  So... here's a step-by-step for how I convinced it to work, hopefully written in a way that people who don't know their way around Unix can manage:

1. Find the GoZBrushToDAZStudio app, probably in /users/shared/pixologic/GoZApps/DAZStudio64

2. Open a terminal window (/applications/utilities/Terminal).  Type "cd " (there's a space after the d) and then drag the GoZBrushToDAZStudio.app file into the terminal window (that'll just type the path in for you so you don't have to worry about getting it right).

3. Hit return, then type "ls" (and return), and you should see Contents.  Type "cd Contents" (and return) and then "ls" (and return) and you should see Frameworks, info.plist, etc.  Type "cd frameworks" (and return).

4. Go to your DAZStudio application folder (probably in /Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit

5. In your terminal window, type in "ln -s " (first letter's an L, not an i) and then drag the "Frameworks" folder from the DAZStudio folder into the terminal window. That should type in the path to that folder for you (something like /Applications/DAZ\ 3D/DAZStudio4\ 64-bit/Frameworks). Put "/*.*" at the end of Frameworks, then a space, then "./", and then return.

You should now have symbolic links (shortcuts, much like a Mac OS alias) to the entire DAZ frameworks folder inside the frameworks folder that's inside the GoZBrushToDAZStudio .app ... which should let it load all of those frameworks when it runs.

It worked for me; hope it'll save someone else some headaches as well.

• After a lot of profanity, I was able to fix this problem on my Mac.  The problem lies in the way the GoZBrushToDAZStudio app was compiled; it's looking for the libraries it needs to load in its own internal "Frameworks" directory, but all of the files actually live in DAZStudios "Frameworks" directory.  So... here's a step-by-step for how I convinced it to work, hopefully written in a way that people who don't know their way around Unix can manage:

1. Find the GoZBrushToDAZStudio app, probably in /users/shared/pixologic/GoZApps/DAZStudio64

2. Open a terminal window (/applications/utilities/Terminal).  Type "cd " (there's a space after the d) and then drag the GoZBrushToDAZStudio.app file into the terminal window (that'll just type the path in for you so you don't have to worry about getting it right).

3. Hit return, then type "ls" (and return), and you should see Contents.  Type "cd Contents" (and return) and then "ls" (and return) and you should see Frameworks, info.plist, etc.  Type "cd frameworks" (and return).

4. Go to your DAZStudio application folder (probably in /Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit

5. In your terminal window, type in "ln -s " (first letter's an L, not an i) and then drag the "Frameworks" folder from the DAZStudio folder into the terminal window. That should type in the path to that folder for you (something like /Applications/DAZ\ 3D/DAZStudio4\ 64-bit/Frameworks). Put "/*.*" at the end of Frameworks, then a space, then "./", and then return.

You should now have symbolic links (shortcuts, much like a Mac OS alias) to the entire DAZ frameworks folder inside the frameworks folder that's inside the GoZBrushToDAZStudio .app ... which should let it load all of those frameworks when it runs.

FINALLY! I have been struggling with this for ages! You are my hero!
    This actually worked!

Worth noting for anyone else, at step 5 when you drag the 'Frameworks' file into the terminal window, it will also append a space which you will want to remove. (highlighted red)
    Example:
    "/Applications/DAZ\ 3D/DAZStudio4\ 64-bit/Frameworks /*.* ./"
    Should be
    "/Applications/DAZ\ 3D/DAZStudio4\ 64-bit/Frameworks/*.* ./"

• Thanks so much! It worked for this Mac user as well. I had given up on this problem ever being fixed or even acknowledged. Once again, thank you!

• didnt work for me .. got this

Frameworks    Info.plist    MacOS        PkgInfo

Svens-Mac-Pro:Contents svendavid$ cd Frameworks

Svens-Mac-Pro:Frameworks svendavid$ ln -s/Applications/DAZ\ 3D/DAZStudio4\ 64-bit/Frameworks/*.* ./ 

ln: illegal option -- /

usage: ln [-Ffhinsv] source_file [target_file]

ln [-Ffhinsv] source_file ... target_dir

link source_file target_file

• Thank you so much !!!!!!

It works well !!!!!!!

• sven-david said:

didnt work for me .. got this

Svens-Mac-Pro:Frameworks svendavid$ ln -s/Applications/DAZ\ 3D/DAZStudio4\ 64-bit/Frameworks/*.* ./ 

same here...

• ThorThor Posts: 43
    edited February 2021
    2. Open a terminal window (/applications/utilities/Terminal). Type "cd " (there's a space after the d) and then drag the GoZBrushToDAZStudio.app file into the terminal window (that'll just type the path in for you so you don't have to worry about getting it right).
    You can also just right-click on GoZBrushToDAZStudio.app in the Finder and choose "Show Package Contents"

sven-david said:

didnt work for me .. got this

You need to type a space after "ln -s" before dragging the Frameworks folder.

This:

svendavid$ ln -s/Applications/DAZ\ 3D/DAZStudio4\ 64-bit/Frameworks/*.* ./ 

should be this:

svendavid$ ln -s /Applications/DAZ\ 3D/DAZStudio4\ 64-bit/Frameworks/*.* ./
    Post edited by Thor on
  • thank You SOOOOO MUCH for this help!

• jaja Posts: 0

babyeatindingo said:

After a lot of profanity, I was able to fix this problem on my Mac.  The problem lies in the way the GoZBrushToDAZStudio app was compiled; it's looking for the libraries it needs to load in its own internal "Frameworks" directory, but all of the files actually live in DAZStudios "Frameworks" directory.  So... here's a step-by-step for how I convinced it to work, hopefully written in a way that people who don't know their way around Unix can manage:

• babyeatindingo said:

After a lot of profanity, I was able to fix this problem on my Mac.  The problem lies in the way the GoZBrushToDAZStudio app was compiled; it's looking for the libraries it needs to load in its own internal "Frameworks" directory, but all of the files actually live in DAZStudios "Frameworks" directory.  So... here's a step-by-step for how I convinced it to work, hopefully written in a way that people who don't know their way around Unix can manage:

You just saved my life, thanks!!! 

• arstropicaarstropica Posts: 49

babyeatindingo said:

My head doth thank thee profusely!

• It worked for a while but now it stopped to work again.

ln -s /Applications/DAZ\ 3D/DAZStudio4\ 64-bit/Frameworks /*.* ./

ln: .//Frameworks: File exists

ln: .//installer.failurerequests: File exists

Goz dont work, any help?

• khurrum1khurrum1 Posts: 1

kaltland said:

It worked for a while but now it stopped to work again.

ln: .//Frameworks: File exists

ln: .//installer.failurerequests: File exists

Goz dont work, any help?

Remove the space after Frameworks. You have:

It should be:

ln -s /Applications/DAZ\ 3D/DAZStudio4\ 64-bit/Frameworks/*.* ./
  • Three years since you posted this! I just found this and I'm sending major major gratitude to you for posting this and saving me from ramming my head over and over trying to figure it out.  What's sad, is this has NOT been permanently fixed by Daz.  Eternally in your debt and again, thank you!   This should be a sticky in the forum.  Happy 4th of July!

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 749

BlackTalonArts said:

What's sad, is this has NOT been permanently fixed by Daz.

I'm not that sure there's anything to fix..  I had used Daz Studio for many years before I added ZBrush to my toolset, I also upgraded both programs a few times and I never experienced any notable issues with GoZ; something I started to rely on a lot.

The main definition of a bug is that it needs to be reproducable; and the fact that this problem isn't exactly consistent makes it difficult for that.