Michael 4 Morphs not working on DAZ Pro 4.6 (latest version)

lordgabuxlordgabux Posts: 0

I have tried to move the files around and they show (only on Content Library, never on Smart Content) but still never do anything to the Michael Base figure. I read somewhere here (now I cannot find the topic again) that Pro 4.6 was having issues with Michael 4 Morphs; the member gave an option to do something with some tab on the Smart side and it shows a lot of files but they still dont do a thing.

So my question is, does Michael 4 morphs work with the latest DAZ program or not? because if not I'm going to ask for my money back. I think Michael 4 is an excelent base and I want to use it but if I cannot transform the figure to my needs there's no point in spending money on morphs when I can use that money in other items.

Hope somebody can guide me through this mess.

G.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,328
    edited December 1969

Which files did you move? Are you getting an error message? Do you get a dialogue box when you load a new M4 into the scene? If not, did you run the updater file on your desktop, or go to \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ folder and double-click the DzCreateExPFiles-m4 file for your system - .bat file for Windows, .command for Mac I think.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 2013

IF you are trying to use Morphs on M4 and the PowerLoader is not injecting them, once set to do so. You will need to inject the morphs by hand from the Content tab. Once they are injected you use the Parameters tab to VIEW the morph sliders and Adjust the figures shape. Clicking a Morph SHAPE icon in DAZ Studio only INJECTS the shape, it does not SET it to the SHAPE except for FULL Body Morphs like the F4 shape. You must open the parameters and Dial in how much of that morph you want on the body, and different parts of the Figures body will list morphs for that part only.

EDIT: If the files Are not in the proper place they will never work. The Morphs must be installed properly to the SAME runtime folder the M4 figure is installed too.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • lordgabuxlordgabux Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks guys!

I'm new to Michael 4 (I'm more used to Michael 5 and Genesis). I'm going to work with your advice and see what happens. I'll get back to you.

edited December 1969

A picture is often better than words...
    Here is my M4 loaded into DS4.6.1.39 and as you see on the RIGHT all his morphs injected and ready for me to Shape him with.
    Click Image for full size.

Capture-001.png
    1099 x 906 - 409K
    edited December 1969

Thanks guys!

Apparently the download manager did something funny with it. I uninstalled it and downloaded it again and now it's working fine.

Now, what I need to know if it is possible to save a Michael 4 characters once the morphs had been used on the base figure.

I tried to do this using the Save as Character preset and it gives an error. Picture is attached, and you will also see how different my dash is from yours. Is there a way to save Michael 4 new characters? I need to come back to the same figures for my projects and it'll be really tedious if I must write down every single thing that I do with the morphs to be able to replicate it afterwards.

By the way, I haven't seen anything regarding height for Michael 4. Is it possible to change his height at all?

Looking forward to your comments.

J.

michael4-morphs11.jpg
    991 x 725 - 199K
    edited December 2013

Just save as Scene Subset... Then you can load that figure into anything your working in. And I have customized my interface I prefer the older DS3A look to the default DS4.6 layout. Height is handled with use of scaling, be very careful when scaling limbs as it can cause errors. Check for Length Morphs installed before you use scale.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Now, Jaderail, you gonna have to show me how to do that customization!!!

I'll try the scene subset to see what happens.

Thanks

edited December 1969

The Customization is pretty simple... First I use the Window>Style>DarkSide as the Style. It is more like the DS3A than the other styles DS comes with. Then in Window>Workspace> I set the Orient Tabs Along Top to ON. I then Picked the Window>Workspace>Select Layout of City Limits so I had all tools on screen. I then Closed the PANES I wanted to Move to different places so they were Un-Docked from the default layout. I then used Window>Panes (Tabs) to open the Tabs I wanted one at a time. You Grab them with the Title Bar at their top and DRAG them to Dock to the place you want, this can be tricky, if a Tab goes UNDER another instead of BY it Un-Dock again (the Mini menu in the corner) and then Drag it until it Docks as you want it. Once finished SAVE in Window>Workspace>Save Layout As and then again in Window>Style>Save Style As then your done.