Newly created Categories not being alphabetized in Smart Content

Hi All,

After a clean re-install of DAZ Studio 4.10.0.123 Pro, I re-imported Metadata from previously exported User Data file using Content Library/Content Database Maintenance. No issues until I started creating new categories. ALL new categories are not being alphabetized in the Smart Content pane ("Filter By Context" checked or unchecked). I also noticed that each newly-created category has a "u" inside the folder icon in Content Library (see screenshot) and the icon itself appears grayed-out compared to other categories. Any thoughts how to resolve this issue?

Capture.PNG
90 x 72 - 1K
Post edited by [email protected] on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,441

Actually, the "greyed-out" icon with the U is the proper form for the User categories. You will find that the freshly imported user categories are read-only, but I am unsure whether that interferes with the sorting. Could be a problem if you want to modify them at some point (highly likely). There is no direct way to make them not read-only, but they can be copied to a differently-named category branch, then the original deleted (check them first). The copy can be modified as you wish.

• NorthOf45 said:

... You will find that the freshly imported user categories are read-only, but I am unsure whether that interferes with the sorting. Could be a problem if you want to modify them at some point (highly likely). There is no direct way to make them not read-only, but they can be copied to a differently-named category branch, then the original deleted (check them first). The copy can be modified as you wish.

Thanks! Is there a way to avoid importing previously backed-up user categories as read-only in the first place?

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,441

Not that I know of. It's annoying, but not the sort of thing you do every day. You'll have to ask DAZ about that with a help ticket, if you want.

• dtinc88 said:
    NorthOf45 said:

... You will find that the freshly imported user categories are read-only, but I am unsure whether that interferes with the sorting. Could be a problem if you want to modify them at some point (highly likely). There is no direct way to make them not read-only, but they can be copied to a differently-named category branch, then the original deleted (check them first). The copy can be modified as you wish.

Thanks! Is there a way to avoid importing previously backed-up user categories as read-only in the first place?

Rob suggests reading https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1000831/#Comment_1000831 , though you will have to filter for the specific tasks you need.

• NorthOf45 said:

... There is no direct way to make them not read-only, but they can be copied to a differently-named category branch, then the original deleted (check them first). The copy can be modified as you wish.

This is what I ended up doing. Thank you so much NorthOf45! I submitted a ticket to DAZ but did not get a coherent response as to why this was happening or how to fix it.

• brvsnbrvsn Posts: 213

dtinc88 said:

... There is no direct way to make them not read-only, but they can be copied to a differently-named category branch, then the original deleted (check them first). The copy can be modified as you wish.

This is what I ended up doing. Thank you so much NorthOf45! I submitted a ticket to DAZ but did not get a coherent response as to why this was happening or how to fix it.

hi there, sorry for replying to an old thread but I have same issue about sorted custom categories.. mine are categories I created AFTER importing existing metadata, but I still find them at the bottom of the alphabetical list.. :(

do you find any solution?