Changing and Animating Figure Material surface

porunopalporunopal Posts: 16

I'm testing a figure morphing sequence in Daz3d 4.5 and so far I've got the figure's shape to change perfectly.

I've tried to simulate a manual change using keyframes and the surfaces tab, however there are so many different values to alter, not to mention all the body parts.

Here are my questions:

1) How do you animate a change of the figure's material? If you can, can it be done through key frames?

2) If I have to use a script such as TexAnim, will it retain the final frame of the skin material? Or will it keep looping?

3) Am I able to use a material replacement from the content library and animate that, or do I have to alter each individual surface, including its displacements, bumps, specular and base texture for each limb?

Thanks for the help everyone!

Post edited by porunopal on

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Your on the right track with the TexAnim thing. There is a NEW script under development JUST for this Read here...
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/33791/
    in one of the examples your idea is shown. I'm waiting on it JUST for your very reason.

• porunopalporunopal Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply! I actually stumbled across this earlier but didn't give it much attention because it didn't seem to help.

So although I should be able to animate the skins, will I be able to stop the animation, or will my figure go from being a skinned cat to werewolf for the entire duration of the animation?

Thanks!

edited December 1969

I'm as in the dark as you, but You should be able to animate back to normal if you like, with a second use of the script.
    Tip: I never do a Animation in ONE long scene. I use different CLIPS, or scenes, that mostly CHANGE as my camera does. And I then use a editor to Stitch the different scenes into one full animation. I also Render to FRAMES and never to a FILE. That allows me to reload my CLIP and edit just the section of BAD frames a second time to be rendered a second time without needing to render a LONG file again. I hope this helps you some.

• porunopalporunopal Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Hey thanks for clearing it up for me, guess I'll be waiting like the rest of the community!

Jaderail said:

Tip: I never do a Animation in ONE long scene. ...

I think what I wrote didn't come across correctly, what I mean was that the skin would keep looping a change, not me actually using morphs to change the character from a human to a monster throughout the scene, I was just worried that the animation wouldn't know what to do when it finished animating, because as far as I know, this script is for making rippling water and other things that loop.

edited December 1969

Good question, But I believe it has a run once option as well. Of course I've not installed it into DS4+ yet and my one and only use was in DS3 for a TV screen. I have MANY of Casuals scripts they really can help.