Getting error when Migrating old content database

I thought I would finally upgrade from Daz 3 to Daz 4.6.
After installing the program, scanning for files and directories, went on to 'migrate old content database' and receive a non-specific error that says to check the log files. I will post the bottom lines of the log file below. Any help would be appreciated!

------------------------------
WARNING: Database Migration Error - Error migrating categories
WARNING: QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'DzOldContentDatabaseConnection' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
WARNING: Database Migration Error - Error migrating categories

Comments

• reelyorreelyor Posts: 235
    edited December 1969

You might try turning off the Content Management Service.
    All Programs>Daz 3D>Daz Content Management Service>Stop Daz Content management Service.
    Be sure Daz Studio is closed

• edited December 1969

Hey thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it didn't work. I still get the same error.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Nother tip: be sure DS 3 is closed so the file is not in use at the time of import.

• edited December 1969

Thanks again, but yeah. Daz 3 was shut down as well. I appreciate all the suggestions!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You need CMS to be running -- make sure it's On when migrating (if there's nothing under Categories then something has stopped it or is blocking it).

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

What Operating System are you using? .

• edited December 1969

Okay I turned CMS back on. I am using Windows 7

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Didn't catch this one before, but many problems with CMS can be traced to your antivirus program blocking it...make sure it is allowed in your AV's options. It is a server, after all...

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Some firewalls and I have found a FULL OS (example Win7 pro 64) can also see the CMS as a Service that needs shut down. So be 100% sure that your AV, your Firewall and your OS (in Admin mode) is set to ALLOW the CMS to run as a service.