How are the Ambient and Diffuse parameters combined in DAZ Studio Default Shader?

Hello,

I am writing a script to import Daz assets into a third party program, and as part of this I need to map the material parameters from Daz to a native material/shader in the destination application.

The native material doesn't really have an equivalent Ambient parameter but I don't want to lose the influence on the colour that these values & maps have in Daz.

Could someone tell me how the Diffuse, Diffuse Map and Ambient, Ambient Map parameters are combined in the Daz Studio Default Shader to get the final colour value, so I can re-creates something like it in my script?

(For example, is it 'Diffuse * Diffuse Map + Ambient * Ambient Map', or 'Diffuse * Diffuse Map * Ambient * Ambient Map'? Are either weighted based on the Diffuse or Ambient Strength parameters, or are these used later in the final pixel colour calculation? etc, etc)

SJ

Comments

• millighostmillighost Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

sebmaster said:
    Hello,

I am writing a script to import Daz assets into a third party program, and as part of this I need to map the material parameters from Daz to a native material/shader in the destination application.

The native material doesn't really have an equivalent Ambient parameter but I don't want to lose the influence on the colour that these values & maps have in Daz.

Could someone tell me how the Diffuse, Diffuse Map and Ambient, Ambient Map parameters are combined in the Daz Studio Default Shader to get the final colour value, so I can re-creates something like it in my script?

(For example, is it 'Diffuse * Diffuse Map + Ambient * Ambient Map', or 'Diffuse * Diffuse Map * Ambient * Ambient Map'? Are either weighted based on the Diffuse or Ambient Strength parameters, or are these used later in the final pixel colour calculation? etc, etc)

SJ

This is what it would look like in shadermixer.
    dsdefault-ambient-diffuse.png
    801 x 644 - 48K
  • edited December 1969

Perfect! Thanks millighost! How did you get that?