The Sentry Drone - Out now! [Commercial]

PorsimoPorsimo Posts: 359
edited December 2013 in Daz PA Commercial Products

You can hide, but it will find you!

An alien technology, a dreadful weapon of an oppressive government or mankind's best hope against its enemies? You decide!
The Sentry Drone is here!

Main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 537K
Post edited by Porsimo on

Comments

• PorsimoPorsimo Posts: 359
    edited December 1969

Some technical info...

Popup_4.jpg
    654 x 850 - 277K
    Popup_3.jpg
    654 x 850 - 298K
    Popup_2.jpg
    654 x 850 - 307K
    Popup_1.jpg
    654 x 850 - 287K
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

I loved that movie!!! :D

I like your take on the drone. Its very well done.

Wonder if this will be a nostalgic purchase for me or not. lol

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    I loved that movie!!! :D

I like your take on the drone. Its very well done.

Wonder if this will be a nostalgic purchase for me or not. lol

:lol: And thanks!

Yeah, it was really a great movie!
    Incidentally I had this beast planned quite far before seeing the movie, so it's not actually inspired by it - except for the guns and scanners. I just liked the that concept so much that I couldn't resist to make my own versions of them! :) In my orginal idea the guns were fixed and part of the body and there were no scanners. The vectored thrust system was already in the original design. ;)

• scathascatha Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

Nice work, Petri. :)

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

Will most definitely pick this up. I love this sort of thing! Hopefully soon! =-)

• Teresa TylloTeresa Tyllo Posts: 141
    edited December 1969

Wow! It looks great, Petri! :)

edited December 1969

Thank you, John and Teresa! :)

Will most definitely pick this up. I love this sort of thing! Hopefully soon! =-)

Thanks! Yeah, I think there's never enough mean machines! And no, it shouldn't take too long (well, at least it should be "soon" and not "DAZ soon") ;)
  • Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

Nicely done! I may buy this just for the example of a good model with movement of parts and engine glow.

Some posters referred to a movie, and this did not evoke a deja vu for me, so I'm curious, which movie?

edited December 1969

Nicely done! I may buy this just for the example of a good model with movement of parts and engine glow.

Some posters referred to a movie, and this did not evoke a deja vu for me, so I'm curious, which movie?

Thanks, and that sounds like a good reason to buy ;)

The movie we were referring is Oblivion.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 2013

Between this and Petipet's Aircraft Colo, all we need is a Genesis 1/2 Tom Cruise-alike. :)

Have to say, I particularly love how the 3D scanning effect is a part of the actual model... Can that part be manually recoloured to change the laser effect to blue/red/green/whatever, if need be? Can the shell also be manually recoloured to black or green or anything else (I'm guessing a shader could be applied, but still wonder)?

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
    edited December 1969

Between this and Petipet's Aircraft Colo, all we need is a Genesis 1/2 Tom Cruise-alike. :)
    :lol:

Have to say, I particularly love how the 3D scanning effect is a part of the actual model... Can that part be manually recoloured to change the laser effect to blue/red/green/whatever, if need be? Can the shell also be manually recoloured to black or green or anything else (I'm guessing a shader could be applied, but still wonder)?

Yep, you can set the laser color to whatever you want. The effect is created using a greyscale image with diffuse and ambient colors. Also, the shell's base color on the texture is very light grey, so you can set the desired color with diffuse channel (if you want to keep the texture details) or apply a shader. I just checked and there are 33 mat zones - without the exhausts and laser beams :)

I made a couple pics of the mat zones and a close-up of a scanner (all with bump and transparency maps applied). Both the lens array and the scanners have a two layer structure which you can see in the scanner close-up image. Both scanner layers have its own mat zone, but the zones are shared between the scanners. Also, the convex "lens surfaces" have only one zone shared between all the lenses, even though each lens has its own mat zone (flat surface).

Some of the zones can't be seen in these images and I think some may have a little too close colors applied, so sorry for that!

I also added a picture of the laser beam without trans map (and with only a subtle ambient value to make it more clear). It's not a flat plane, but a cone with actual geometry, so it's visible also from the sides. :)

DroneBeam.jpg
    1317 x 283 - 76K
    DroneMatZones3.jpg
    375 x 244 - 67K
    DroneMatZones2.jpg
    735 x 688 - 287K
    DroneMatZones1.jpg
    756 x 517 - 165K
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

I cant look at this thread without hearing the sound effect in my head.

Between this and Petipet's Aircraft Colo, all we need is a Genesis 1/2 Tom Cruise-alike

We still need the house. I would say we still need a Victoria but we have had her since the beginning!

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

My thoughts exactly! :D

I kind of want someone to do a super-accurate Predator drone to depict this flying side by side with it... Sort of the modern age contrasting with the future.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,189
    edited December 1969

I love the look of this and can't wait to grab it, but I do have to ask and please don't take this wrong. I have seen a lot of sets that have popped up that I have liked but because they are DS only I have not been use them, will this be a Poser/DS item?

• tonymousetonymouse Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

Cool!!! Looking forward to it.

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

Porsimo said:

Okay, thanks. I didn't recognize it because I've never seen it.

So, I wonder what's under the hood on the very top of the model?

On one hand, could it be a "Mr. Fusion"?

Maybe an old movie theatre popcorn popper, with the suspended pan of hot popping oil?

It would have some cool factor if the front part of the model's engine was from Snoopy's imaginary foil's Red Baron Sopwith Camel.

Maybe there's enough room in there for an old 1965 Ford Mustang engine block too!

We may never know! :lol:

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Do want =P~ :cheese:

edited December 1969

Well it is in the store and it is Poser friendly and I own my own Sentry drone! I will have to download it when I get home from work today!

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    I cant look at this thread without hearing the sound effect in my head.

oh yeah, those sounds... :bug:
    edited December 1969

Well it is in the store and it is Poser friendly and I own my own Sentry drone! I will have to download it when I get home from work today!

Thank you for your support! :)

Sorry for not responding earlier! Even though DS is my main rendering software, I will try to support Poser the best possible way I can. This means at least that my models will have a native Poser version included. :)

edited December 1969

Porsimo said:

Okay, thanks. I didn't recognize it because I've never seen it.

So, I wonder what's under the hood on the very top of the model?

On one hand, could it be a "Mr. Fusion"?

Maybe an old movie theatre popcorn popper, with the suspended pan of hot popping oil?

It would have some cool factor if the front part of the model's engine was from Snoopy's imaginary foil's Red Baron Sopwith Camel.

Maybe there's enough room in there for an old 1965 Ford Mustang engine block too!

We may never know! :lol:
    Well... yeah... hmmm... not exactly what I had thought, but... Why not! ;)

:lol:

edited December 1969

Porsimo said:

Thank you for your support! :)

Sorry for not responding earlier! Even though DS is my main rendering software, I will try to support Poser the best possible way I can. This means at least that my models will have a native Poser version included. :)

Thanks, with the lack of luck I have had with the DSON importer and fewer and fewer items being offered with native Poser support it is greatly appreciated that your content is one that still has native Poser installers.