Wound makeup artist : wounds barely visible

I've had this product : https://www.daz3d.com/wound-makeup-artist-geometry-shells-genesis-2-bundle for a while, and I have consistently the same issue : many bruisesand  wounds, while very noticeable in the viewport, etc...are barely visible once rendered. To the extent that you can see them only if you know where they are and look for them. Then, you notice some slight color difference where they're situated. 

I assume that there must be a way to make them more visible, or that I'm doing something wrong. Does anybody have an idea? 

Comments

• Thomas63Thomas63 Posts: 32

You can highlight the cuts or wounds on the scenes tab and then go into the 'Surfaces' tab in order to change the 'Diffuse Color' option to a deeper or brighter shade of red or purple?

• Are you using Iray, by any chance? I always have, and I remember those wounds not showing up well on my Genesis 2 figures. It's been a while since I've worked with them much, though. Try applying the Iray Uber Base shader to the Geoshells and go from there.

Also, I seem to remember that they don't work well together if they all have the same Mesh Offset, so make sure they're all different from each other, even if just by .01. Hope that helps!

• odasteinodastein Posts: 606
    edited August 2019
    Thomas63 said:

You can highlight the cuts or wounds on the scenes tab and then go into the 'Surfaces' tab in order to change the 'Diffuse Color' option to a deeper or brighter shade of red or purple?

I did that already. By using a bright red color, it made the bruises slightly more noticeable, but not that much....

Post edited by odastein on
    Janus3003 said:

Are you using Iray, by any chance? I always have, and I remember those wounds not showing up well on my Genesis 2 figures. It's been a while since I've worked with them much, though. Try applying the Iray Uber Base shader to the Geoshells and go from there.

Also, I seem to remember that they don't work well together if they all have the same Mesh Offset, so make sure they're all different from each other, even if just by .01. Hope that helps!

Now that you mention it, I remember the part about the offset. I'll keep that in mind. But unfortunately, I was rendering in 3Dlight, not Iray. And they were intended for 3Dlight. 

So, I managed to make the bruises more visible, by ramping up massively the opacity of the shell.

However, I'm still failing to change the color of the bruises. If I change the diffuse color for a bright shade, say pink or light green, it appears this way in the render. If I change it for a dark shade, like black or brown, the bruise appears the way I want in the viewport, but when it's rendered it appears with its usual red color. Changing all color chanels to say, black, doesn't change anything. The bruise stays red. 

I'm really not sure what are these bruises. They appear red by default, but there's no red anywhere in the surface tab. There's no image appearing in the surface tab, either and nothing in the layer editor. But there's *something* moving along with the transparent shell when I place the bruise. This thing should have a surface that can be modified, no? 

• BerniBerni Posts: 4

I have a character (DARIUS) with a darker skin and around the red bruise, you can see a white colored edge. It is a very bad result and I do not know how to fix it.