IE 11 update conflicting with Poser 9

tonymousetonymouse Posts: 230
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I wanted to see if anybody is having the same problem, twice now windows updates has updated IE 11 and Poser ( fails to load ) I think it is the problem cuz, I rolled windows back before that update and the problem goes away. Anybody else??

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2013

Yes. I rolled IE back and used the Fix supplied byy Microsoft to make sure that IE didn't try to update to IE 11 again.

Smith Micro did release a fix for P9 that lets it work under IE 11.

There is a thread about it here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/30633/

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,093
    edited December 1969

I think there's a service pack recently released for P9 that fixes this.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,794
    edited December 1969

I think there's a service pack recently released for P9 that fixes this.

Here 'tis...

http://poser.smithmicro.com/poser9-updates.html

• tonymousetonymouse Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

I am trying to get the P9 update and it is rejecting my Serial number at smith Micro/CP, anybody know, is it with dashes, caps what?? it keep rejecting it ?? ACK!!!!! I'll take any advise.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,794
    edited December 1969

Did you register it? I believe registration is required to download updates. You can register online via Help>Personalize, IIRC.

The Serial Number should be all caps, it is with dashes, and IIRC there are no letter 'O's, only zeroes.

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited December 1969

tonymouse said:
    I am trying to get the P9 update and it is rejecting my Serial number at smith Micro/CP, anybody know, is it with dashes, caps what?? it keep rejecting it ?? ACK!!!!! I'll take any advise.

I had the same problem and I opened a support ticket with SmithMicro. Very impressed! I contacted them on a sunday evening, and the next morning, I had a reply mail from them fixing the problem. They said I'd been issued with a 'Replacement Code' serial number (whatever that means), and they immediately gave me a new one. I tried it, and got the update (which worked perfectly*).

* Note - I first tried the new serial number by copy/pasting it from the e-mail and it didn't work. I then typed it in letter by letter and it did work.

The only problem I had was jumping through several hoops to register on the site. I was already registered, but couldn't remember the deatils, so it took a while to get in.

mac

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

If you bought P9/PP2012 during the presale period, some people where given duplicate serial numbers that where, when discovered, made unusable.
    That's why some people need a new replacement serial.

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    If you bought P9/PP2012 during the presale period, some people where given duplicate serial numbers that where, when discovered, made unusable.
    That's why some people need a new replacement serial.

Ahhhhh... I wondered why I had a replacement number. I did pre-order it.

Thanks for that.

mac