Lower Jaw Attachment issue

BasisBasis Posts: 121

I'm trying to get an attachment figure to connect to the lower jaw of Genesis.

However when I turn it into an attachment the new item does not follow the Genesis' jaw movements.

I've made sure the "auto-follow" on the mouth movements was on but that didn't have any effect.

Also the vertices tear between the upper and lower lips if I use a pure morph expression like scream.

I think I can fix the tearing between the lips if I could figure out why the face attachment ignores the Genesis vertices next to them.

I was able to fix something similar between the big toe and the toes next to it by moving the vertices that were clipping it's neighbor's polygons.

But it's not seeming to work in this instance.

Any Ideas on how get the attachment to take?

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

By "attachment" do you mean parenting? I don't think it would work anyway, as parenting to get a following motion only works for an actual separate body part, e.g. parent something to the hand and it will obey all upper and lower arm movements. The jaw isn't a separate part of the head, and the open mouth dials (if that's what you're using) are actual whole-head morphs — if you look closely from the side, the figure's chin moves in a straight line from open=0 to open=1 instead of moving in a curve as if the jaw was hinged at the ear.

• BasisBasis Posts: 121
    edited December 1969

Converting an Object into an "Attachment" figure.
    Morphs from the Parent figure are transferred onto the near-by vertices of the Attachment. As long as the Auto-follow check box is on for a given morph.
    I did turn the auto-follow on for main open and open wide dial. I guess it's possible I may need to do the same for it's sub-components. Unfortunately, some of the vertices from both the upper and lower lips are entangled with it's near-by opposing lip.
    What's making it aggravating is I've got the lips separated, yet they still get entangled after the conversion.

I've got a few more ideas on how to fix it but it will take some time and it probably wont pan out.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Is this different from saving as a figure/prop asset?

• BasisBasis Posts: 121
    edited December 2013

Yes, This uses the Transfer Utility.

I did find the correct Genesis morph. The main Controller was located on the Root object. The one on the head is just a controller to the master morph. It's the Master morph that needed the auto-follower turned on.

Now I just need to get the vertex entangling problem fixed. I'm moving the offending vertices that are clipping the opposite lip and moving them even farther from the other lip.

Post edited by Basis on