Underwater HDRI Freebie

namtar3dnamtar3d Posts: 241
edited July 2019 in Freebies

A simple underwater HDRI for your submarine renders

How to use it? Just load your scene in Daz Studio, go to Render Settings tab/Enviroment and load the file in "Enviroment Map" section. 

Use it as you want. I will glad if you let me see your works with this freebie.

DOWNLOAD

https://www.deviantart.com/namtaar/art/Underwater-Hdri-805776729?ga_submit_new=10%3A1563205557 

PROMO3.jpg
1067 x 1200 - 546K
006.jpg
2667 x 3000 - 4M
005.jpg
2667 x 3000 - 5M
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• useful. thanks

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

thanks

• mininessiemininessie Posts: 324

thank you!

• namtar3dnamtar3d Posts: 241

You're welcome!  I'll wait for your feedback! Criticism it's essential to improve my skills :D 

• EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 444
    Have a silly render. I actually like the lights in this, made the picture that much comedic.
    awkward swim.png
    555 x 555 - 602K
  • Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,588

Many thanks, did add comment on deviant art, I just like that site.

• Grabbed it.  Thank you.

• magicweavermagicweaver Posts: 244

thank you, its lovely

edited July 2019

Here 2 more examples :D 

cerid.jpg
    2667 x 3000 - 3M
    nothing.jpg
    2667 x 3000 - 4M
    Post edited by namtar3d on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,807
    edited July 2019

thanks... it will come in use for my wacky underwater models in Carrara yes  laugh

Underwater models.png
    800 x 600 - 616K
    Post edited by Stezza on

thanks... it will come in use for my wacky underwater models in Carrara yes  laugh

Cool! Thsnks for sharing it Stezza! It's a pretty nice stuff!! 

• Thnx!

I made this with it:I made this with it

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
    edited July 2021

Due to unauthorized photos that were leaked, The Simple Graal Show moved the Amphibian Theatre offshore for the duration of the rehearsals ( underwater HDR from Namtaar at DeviantArt )

The Amphibian Theatre.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 484K
    Post edited by mCasual on
  • LeodegranceLeodegrance Posts: 4
    edited February 2022

Left a comment on your Deviant Art page, but thought I'd link it here too, plus maybe let others on Daz Forum know what assets I used to create them.  I had to use photoshop to adjust the original renders, as they were very low contrast.  I tried to get the underwater scene as close to twilight as I could.

https://www.deviantart.com/leodegrance932/art/Jude-and-V-under-the-sea-v5-PSadjusted-907670810

https://www.deviantart.com/leodegrance932/art/Jude-and-V-under-the-sea-v4-907669660

https://www.deviantart.com/leodegrance932/art/Jude-and-V-under-the-sea-v3-enjoying-the-view-PSad-907670621

imageimageimage

Custom Genesis 8 models

High Tech Scuba Diver for Genesis 8 Female(s)

Post edited by Leodegrance on
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757

Thank you

• I do really like this HDRI. I have used it to illustrate all my female pose transfer scripts. To demonstrate that a pose is accurately transferred, you need to see as much of the character as possible. So, a bikini is useful. To avoid being accused of gratuitous use of a bikini, the character must be getting wet, and the only way of having it so the whole character is visible while getting wet is to have the character underwater. This is where the HDRI comes in. Here's an example with the G8F pose transfer to Jim Burton's elderly Victoria 3 based Glamorous Vickie:

Regards,

Richard

• Thank you so much for this ...  Very much appreciated 

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374

Thank you very much!

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433

This looks awesome! I will be downloading it as soon s I finish this comment. I might post the images I do with it on DeviantArt, or just upload it to this topic here at the DAZ Forums. I'm looking to do some underwater images, and this HDRI will likely do the trick for the main environment part.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,986

+  Thanx +

• TaziraiTazirai Posts: 36

Thanks for this. This is great.

• Thanks *

• @ richardandtracy What kind of hair is used for the Glamorous Vickie character?

I have got that character, but I don't see the hair

• I fear you won't find it, either. It's 'Las Vegas Hair' by Jim Burton. A V3 hair with a fit for Glamorous Vickie. I don't know when it was withdrawn from sale, but had gone by the time I returned in 2019. I got it in 2004, and it was still for sale when I stopped visiting for 12 years in 2007. Sorry, Regards, Richard.
  • richardandtracy many characters sold here do not have hair included, at least it should be stated what kind of hair is used in the promotion pictures, this way someone interseted can buy it.

Any ideas which could be the closest match for this character?

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,073
    edited January 28

I'm tempted to suggest the hair the G8F figure is wearing in my image above. I think it's https://www.daz3d.com/seema-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s. (I think the promo images sell the hair very badly) . There isn't the wave over the left eye, but it's not bad generally. I did try GV3 with an alternative G8F hair, and in the attached image GV3 on the left in the night-time image is wearing the now unavailable [naturally] G8F Robin Hair by AprilYSH(?) If you have it, it may be worth a try.  Another one that works well with GV3 I think is the G3F/G2F/V4 Dragonfly Hair https://www.daz3d.com/dragonfly-hair-genesis-3-female-s-genesis-2-female-s-and-v4. Hope that helps a little.

Dragonfly hair on GV3 on the right here:

Regards,

Richard.

29067dc49da44fcb9d032b77952c3619_original.jpg
    700 x 1080 - 202K
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • emanuela1emanuela1 Posts: 486

Thank you namtar3d, it's very useful!:)