Content library items with "(2):" prefix on names *SOLVED* - Duplicate Prefered Paths

Hi people! I got a problem when I categorize assets.

For example, when I categorize Genesis 2 Female, it shows up as "(2): Genesis 2 Female" in my Categories folder.

Same thing happes with alot of other assets (but not all of them). If I categorize the whole Genesis people folder, all references in my Categories adds that prefix. Why?

Also, every single refence in Categories/Default/ has the "(2):" prefixes.
I've checked if there is duplicate asset files (Genesis.duf for example), but there isn't.

Thanks in advance

/Eld

*SOLVED*

The issue was that there were two locations/paths registered in the database for all the references with a (2).
Right click menu on any item reference -> DataBase->Prefered Path showed two identical paths (H:/Daz3D/Assets) in the sub menu. Removing orphaned paths did not since the paths was pointing to the same and existing location.

The solution:

0. Backup the database files in \Programs\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service\databases\, just in case something goes wrong.

1. In Daz Studio, open Content DB Maintenance and check the "Export User Data" box. Click Accept and start the process. DS will stop responding for quite some time while exporting.

2. Close Daz Studio and stop the Daz Content Manager Service in services.

3. Delete all files in \Programs\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service\databases\ (except the backup ofcourse, if you placed it there!)

4. Start Daz Content Manager Service

5. Run Daz Studio

6. Open Content DB Maintenance and select Re-import Metadata. Click Accept.

7. Check all boxes, including User Data. Click Accept to start the process.

8. Problem Solved.

I hope this is useful information for anyone else running into this problem.
/Eld

Post edited by eldeorn_d41726a4d9 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,354
    edited December 1969

Genesis should already be categorised, so depending on what you do you are potentially duplicating it - hence the (2). Items which weren't already categorised won't be duplicated.

• edited December 2013

Ah. Thanks.

It seems to be all the assets that are automatically registered in Categories/Default/ that is the issue. I'll try to duplicate those references instead of creating new refs directly to some of the DS content and hope it works. Im way too anal to be able to live with those (2)'s in front of everything :p

I can make duplicate category references to alot of my assets though. Either I reference same items in multiple category folders, or copy the references themselves, and that works just fine for most of my content - especially the stuff in /Poser Formats/. Any idea why that is?

/Eld

*UPDATE*

Now that I look at it, everything in Category/Default/ has the (2) prefix too. Weird.

Can it be that all assets that are Products is the main cause? And if so, is there any workaround to it so I can manage my references without getting these problems?

Post edited by eldeorn_d41726a4d9 on