Help with DS Dynamic Egyptian for V4!

I bought this: DS Dynamic Egyptian for V4 (http://www.daz3d.com/ds-dynamic-egyptian-for-v4) and found that the "sleeves" are nothing more than a prop I could make myself, but as long as I spent the money on the darn thing, I want to know if there's a way to fix it so it sticks to the model the way it's supposed to or if I have to try applying the pose to it as well as the model? The product page shows it posed and claims it's dynamic. I just need it to work the way it's supposed to: 4 armbands fixed to the model's arms and a functioning cape, sleeve, whatever you want to call it.
I'm a little frustrated with the fact that I spent $19.95 thinking I'd get a functional outfit set product that would actually be able to do something other than change transparency and color!

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,959
    edited December 1969

Generally you add all the dynamic items to the figure with the figure in the default T-pose (some items provide a 'load' pose to use on the figure first, in which case use that).
    After adding the items, and ensuuring that any rigged items are 'fit to' the figure you can go ahead and thinka about the final pose for the figure. The best way of doing this is with what is called an 'animated drape'. Go to the Psoe tab, select something like frame 20 or 25 (from the 30 you will be shown by default) and apply the required pose to your figure. Don't panic too much if the dynamics don't follow, that is where the drape comes in!
    Sort out the various dynamic settings you want from the control (including layer order and style (if applicable) and collision items. The animated option should be set by degault so go back to frame 0 and hit the drape button. You may need to tweak the pose a little to ensure the drape goes through smoothly. When happy, freeze the simulation.

• edited December 1969

It's not a dynamic item, that's the whole problem. It might as well be a cube or a sphere. There's no dynamics to it at all. I tried what you suggested and it didn't work. The figure moved, but nothing else at all.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

It didn't move when you draped it? Did it stay in place during an animated drape and not follow the figure? If it was not properly set for collision it wouldn't follow the figure and just fall to the floor. How many frames are you draping it?

• edited December 1969

It just stayed where it was. Nothing happened. It's got no rigged 'fit to' abilities or anything. It's a static model that has nothing to it.

edited December 1969

Are you using the included free dynamic player or do you also have the pay for plug in that adds things like wind? If you have the payfor one is it updated to work with your current version of studio? Does the dress drape correctly?

I don't have that product but from the way it is made I would expect that it only works with timeline/animated drapes rather than having being "fit to" like more fitted clothing.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The HELPERS on the Sleeves need to Collide with the figure or they never move to the final pose.

• edited December 1969

What helpers? It's a static model. It's as if I modeled it in Hexagon myself. There's nothing to it. It's a scene file with a static model that's no more dynamic than a cube.

edited December 1969

The helpers go around the arms I believe and that is what "pulls" the fabric as your character moves through the animated drape. Can you post a screen shot of the dynamic tab so I can see if perhaps the settings are odd in it when you run your draping.

• edited December 1969

Unless something's changed I don't know about, that box next to the item's name means it's a prop. No rigging, dynamics, helpers, nothing to it other than basic mesh geometry as if it were a mere .OBJ file.

Untitled-1.jpg
    1360 x 728 - 237K
    edited December 1969

wait.. are we talking about a prop that is used to move the dynamic fabric and not the fabric itself? If so yes you could have modeled them yourself but they were included in the product to make it easier for people who don't model. Sorry... all this time I thought you were complaining about the actual dynamic fabric not working and not that you didn't like that the props had to be props to use them to move the fabric properly.

• edited December 1969

It's supposed to be "flowing sleeves" according to the description, but it turned out to be just a prop. The cape itself was supposed to be dynamic somehow. You know, posable just like the model? Is there a way to setup rigging, morphs, deformers or something to make it do what it's supposed to do since it has nothing for dynamics? It's just a static prop with nothing else to it. It's not even fabric.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Go to Window > Panes > Dynamic Clothing
    Dynamic Clothing is not the same as Conforming

• edited December 1969

Dynamic clothing isn't on that sub-menu. All I see is Script IDE, Batch Converter, and Product Hierarchy. It's a prop, there's nothing dynamic about it.

• edited December 1969

It was under Tabs, not Panes.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The Helpers are the WHITE Cuffs, they need the Dynamic engine to DRAPE, they need set to Collide with the Figure. You turn them OFF in Surfaces Tab with the OPACITY slider. Then the sleeves Drape just as the Dress does when a Dynamic Animation is run.

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

The sleeves may look like they are just a prop, but they are not. The sleeves were created using Optitex's software. DS Dynamics can only be used with items that were created with Optitex's software.

The sleeves (like the Kimono) are not rigged because they are outside of V4 rigging constraints. That is why you can not use 'fit to'. You have to start V4 in the tPose. and use the timeline to pose her at a later frame. And drape the sleeves using the Animated option in the Dynamics Clothing tab.

Here is a quick example of draping the sleeves in DAZ Studio Click Here to view on YouTube

I hope this helps you.

• edited December 1969

In other words, it's got to be animated for it to do what it's supposed to?

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,959
    edited December 1969

Animated only inasmuch as the props part of the outfit (the sleeves) need time to adjust to the pose and that is done via a drape of an animation. Pretty much the sole difference you will have is that instead of attaching the clothes then setting the pose you add an extra step between thw two of setting the animation frame to 10, 15, whatever. It's a 'drawback' or 'feature' of dynamic clothing - there needs to be something 'dynamic' for them to give of their best. They also need a bit more care in initial setup to ensure that the figure does not have too much poke-thru (a LOT of poke-thru will be corrected by the drape).