Toon Shader Mixer

UkyuuUkyuu Posts: 182

So most recipes seem to have been lost in the forum archive wonderland, and I cannot access them. I've been tweaking with Shader Mixer for a while now, and am still trying to figure out a few things. What I'm trying to come up with is something that will give an anime impression with Iray.

I wonder where the two bricks below are, and if they are compatible with Iray.

If not, does anyone know a recipe to come up with something close to these bricks, please?

Also, I have another problem... there's a discrepancy between what I have in Texture Shaded and NVIDIA in the auxiliary viewport, does anyone know how I can fix that, please?

Capture.JPG
231 x 473 - 25K
NVIDIA.JPG
1857 x 1001 - 144K
Texture Shaded.JPG
1814 x 957 - 143K
Post edited by Ukyuu on

Comments

• I can't see Toon Outline but Toon is in Bricks(Default)>Lighting>Special. it's marked as RSL (3Delight) Only, which is what I would have expected.

• UkyuuUkyuu Posts: 182
    edited July 2019

Thank you very much.

I guess I'll try to make use of "clamped edge" which they say they use for the toon brick.

Also, would you know where I can download the prop which looks like a cam that people use for Iray shaders display, I'm guessing that trying it on such a prop would be easier than just a sphere.

Post edited by Ukyuu on
  • I thought it was included in one of the base content packages, but I'm far from certain.

I've looked high and low in there, but couldn't find it. If you happen to chance on it one day, could you let me know, please?

I have made a quick render on how it fares so far.

[X] Look anime-like

[ ] Accepts Normal Map

[ ] Accepts Bump Map

[ ] Takes textures

[X] Give me a headache. 

The hairs aren't with my shader, they're the Toon Hair shader which I purchased (dang what was their name again? T-T) The mouth and eyes are not with my shader since for some reason, it refuses to takes textures.

Recipe Toon Shader 1.JPG
    1920 x 1050 - 165K
    Anime-like shader Test 1.png
    1080 x 1747 - 1M

For those who were interested/are interested,

I'm still looking right and left for a way to have it accept textures. It feels extremely weird that it can't accept any textures. I don't know what I'm doing wrong for now.

• Wouldn't you have to add textures? under textures->image map, and drag the output to the input of the diffuse slot? Although if you have down arrows next to the colour I thought textures could be added anyway.

Might be worth looking at some blender videos, looks very similar to the way blender does it.

Wouldn't you have to add textures? under textures->image map, and drag the output to the input of the diffuse slot? Although if you have down arrows next to the colour I thought textures could be added anyway.

Might be worth looking at some blender videos, looks very similar to the way blender does it.

I thought so too, and it worked until I added the bloks that add the outline effect. I'm unsure of what a lot of those blocks do and how they work, and DAZ' tutorial is... "not really good for debutants" if I try to put it in a good light.