No response from DAZ support.

NedKellyNedKelly Posts: 63

Does anyone actually work in the DAZ support desk anymore? I put in a support request 7 days ago and still no reply, apart from the initial auto-response telling me my request had been submitted. Does anyone know if there are any actual people on the other end or am I waiting for a response that will never come?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Customer Service works a 5 day week, so as we have just had a weekend, you must take those two days out of your calculations. CS is a very hardworking team, but if they have a lot of tickets to work through then they may take a little longer than normal to get through the work load.

• NedKellyNedKelly Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

Thanks chohole,
    Not exactly the way to keep a person coming back to their store though. Surely they could send an email letting people know that they are busy but will eventually get to it rather than just ignoring their customers. It gives the impression that they don't care about their customers, just their money.

• BettyGoBettyGo Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

I disagree, Daz isn't under any obligation to provide support of any type. As consumers, we decide whether the level of service provided is acceptable to us. It is frustrating if we have problems and they are busy and working hard or it is a weekend for them, particularly when we're in a different time zone. But... I don't actually care about those things, I want my problems resolved, but they provide response measures, and we wait. That being said, if they want to provide a higher level of service? They'll hire more in-house staff or outsource their help desk, even make waiting times for support clear on submission of a request. Or maybe... if there is such a backlog, and the team is running to cater to customer needs to the point where there are delays it's clear there a number of problems have arisen with products they're working to resolve. Again, not my issue and I don't do calculations, or factor your issues into anything, love - not my problem. They make their decisions Ned but we make ours too. I love their products, but my personal opinions after delays I've experienced the past couple of weeks is I don't like that and those types of perspectives are difficult to shake.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567
    edited December 1969

I just had a two week old ticket resolved. Customer service did tell me they were swamped with requests due to recent sales.

• BettyGoBettyGo Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Understandable, but that's their business... literally. How they organise internal structures to respond to customers and the level of service they provide is their business too. Whether we think the service provided is excellent, standard or lax (regardless of whether they've made a bunch of sales, it's the weekend, blah blah blah) prompts our decisions, that's all I'm saying. Something as simple as saying on the site when requests are submitted that "There is an approximate XX day wait for responses" could do a lot to placate customers, and relieve a lot of frustration.