Hiding Gen8 ears?

I got the catgirl megapack which comes with patches for the ears (to hide them completely) but I think you can only use them with the included skins, which is sad, cause the creator thought about giving you utilities for the cat ears and tailbase to use along your own textures.

Any idea how I could either:

a.) get my textures on those ears or

b.) is there some morph around that I can use to get rid of the ears without the patches?

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

I do not know how the catgirl megapack is doing it, but will always be able to apply your own textures. If you select "the missing ears" and look in the surface tab, you can replace the textures with your own, but they must match the UV layout. But my guess is it is just a morph, and if so you can properly use any normal g8f texture.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898
    edited July 2019

This is for G8M, but maybe the creator will release a female version eventually?

https://sharecg.com/v/94004/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/InTheFlesh-Merchant-Morphs-for-G8M-Vol.-1

Post edited by Hylas on
  • In The FleshIn The Flesh Posts: 157
    Hylas said:

This is for G8M, but maybe the creator will release a female version eventually?

https://sharecg.com/v/94004/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/InTheFlesh-Merchant-Morphs-for-G8M-Vol.-1

It's in the works

• In The FleshIn The Flesh Posts: 157

InTheFlesh Merchant Morphs for G8F Vol. 1 is now available here:

https://sharecg.com/v/94074/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/InTheFlesh-Merchant-Morphs-for-G8F-Vol.-1

Because the morphs are made for the base G8F for character creation, you may get distored results when mixing with other character morphs. You could use X-Morphs to combine the ITF Ears Remove morph with your desired character morph.

• edited July 2019

InTheFlesh Merchant Morphs for G8F Vol. 1 is now available here:

https://sharecg.com/v/94074/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/InTheFlesh-Merchant-Morphs-for-G8F-Vol.-1

Because the morphs are made for the base G8F for character creation, you may get distored results when mixing with other character morphs. You could use X-Morphs to combine the ITF Ears Remove morph with your desired character morph.

I have no idea what you just said XD, but thanks for the info. Will look into it.

Edit: Ok, I don't understand X-Morph and how to make it work, so if anyone has an idea to use those mentioned ear patches from the catgirl pack and add my custom textures to it, that would be awesome.

Post edited by statistx_42556c1853 on
  • edited July 2019
    felis said:

I do not know how the catgirl megapack is doing it, but will always be able to apply your own textures. If you select "the missing ears" and look in the surface tab, you can replace the textures with your own, but they must match the UV layout. But my guess is it is just a morph, and if so you can properly use any normal g8f texture.

I don't know how it does it either, but it's an object on top of the ears and the ears are just flat afterwards. Geoshell or something maybe? Only issue is that they are completely white and don't react to me trying to apply a texture other than specificly named textures for those patches from the catworld pack.

While writing that I just got the idea that I might be able to use some photoshop and try to see if I can just copy skin from the body texture to the ear patches and make it look ok with that.

Edit: After trying it, I hit a roadbump again. Simply photoshopping the skin over the other does not work, as there are other settings that just don't fit and I don't nearly know enough about all those surface settings to get it right. Guess I'll have to wait for some out of the box compatible ear remove product

Post edited by statistx_42556c1853 on
  • Pushee-RiPushee-Ri Posts: 18

Even though this is an old thread, it is one of the first to show up when asked about this specific topic (google). Therefore I would like to give a tip on the topic - even if it may not work with all products (see below).

1) Load the model and select it in the scene. Switch to the "Surfaces" tab and expand there the "Surfaces" options.

2) Select "Ears" and scroll down the list of settings until you see the "Cutout Opacity" setting. Change the value to "0" (zero). The ears of your model will disappear.

Known issues: when rendering with Iray, artifacts occasionally occur when transparent surfaces collide with non-transparent surfaces. In this case you can either try to move the overlaying object or use a different camera angle.

I found out about this ears thing because one of my next projects will be masks and I wanted to try out in advance how to plan for the ears of various fashions. As soon as I get into the test / render phase and there is more information I will report here again.