Made Animation in timeline - Convert to Aniblock - Scrub to zero screws figure

porunopalporunopal Posts: 16

Basically I'm making a set of different aniblock animations to apply to my figure to make a short movie. I've got aniblocks that do work.

However after an hour of key-framing in the time line I finally finish another. I convert to aniblock and it has the right length.

As soon as I scrub the animate2 timeline to frame 0, the figure loses its pose, arms move forward and or out always to the same position, and the figure's chest pushes out like it took a cannonball to the back. The figure now looks like it is mid fall.

Not only does the aniblock fail to work correctly, but I have to cancel my work and reload the project because when I convert, I lose all my key framing in the timeline.

I really need your help. It is a fantastic animation, and I don't want to have to rebuild the animation straight from the T-pose.

Before I made any key-frames, I applied my pre-made pose to the figure, then from there started animating.

If the pose is the problem, I know how to zero-frame the pose, but do I need to then put the T-pose on the figure and then fix any issues?

Please help, I actually can't continue with the project because if I do I know I'll certainly lose my key-framing and saved pose.

Thank you!

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Well I haven't tried anything quite that complicated but the first idea that comes to mind would be to save "scene files".
    After making another set of keyframes ... "save as" the scene to another name so the one doesn't overwrite the other.

• porunopalporunopal Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply. I agree, the easiest way is to use a single scene for each pose. This will streamline the process!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 2013

AniBlocks EXPECT the Default T pose as the Start UNLESS another AniBlock precedes the block. You Should start with a T pose THEN apply the Pose to Animate from as that sets all the rotations in the first keyframe to CLEAN none TWEENED positions. If you build from a position created by another AniBlock the Tween will be in the Rotations and that is what you see. I think.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • porunopalporunopal Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    AniBlocks EXPECT the Default T pose as the Start UNLESS another AniBlock precedes the block. You Should start with a T pose THEN apply the Pose to Animate from as that sets all the rotations in the first keyframe to CLEAN none TWEENED positions. If you build from a position created by another AniBlock the Tween will be in the Rotations and that is what you see. I think.

Thanks for the help, that seems to be the issue. But if I want to fix the animation then, I don't want it going from T-pose into the animation halfway through it. Is there anyway I can fix this pose issue? I can fix the animation by using the frames, but in between the character seems to fly around and rotate randomly (like it's going in between the t-pose translation + rotation and the desired pose's translation + rotation).

Also is there anywhere I can actually get documentation or help on using the timeline. All I find is info on animate2, but from my experience, I don't really like it much at all because of the complications. The way I see it is I either:

a) make the entire animation (regardless of length, e.g., short youtube video, or movie) through the timeline through keyframing, meaning I won't be able to replicate poses and movements in other projects

b) use animate2 with it's effective but very buggy and quirky operations where it fails to convert my timeline keyframes without my figures looking like they are floating and have broken bones.

Finally, is there any advice on animating with multiple figures? I got one animation to work as an aniblock, but this current one I'm working hasn't worked (as you've read). Do I select the individual figures and apply the "make aniblock" to make a separate aniblock for each of them, or select both genesis figures and make the aniblock, then copy the aniblock to both tracks so it applies to both of them.

I appreciate all the help everyone has given me!

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

porunopal said:
    ... edit ...

But if I want to fix the animation then, I don't want it going from T-pose into the animation halfway through it. Is there anyway I can fix this pose issue? I can fix the animation by using the frames, but in between the character seems to fly around and rotate randomly (like it's going in between the t-pose translation + rotation and the desired pose's translation + rotation).

.... edit ....

About the flying around part ...

Be very careful that you have selected the correct view when moving your view around to check positions.

Film through a camera. Do NOT check positions through the camera (s) [i.e. zoom in, move around, zoom back, etc. or yes you may need some gravol].

T at "0" ... pose at '3' and work from there.

Render out images from '3' onwards.

Unless it's very short and through one camera, think many of us render out the images in sets. Then glue them together in a video editor.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 2013

First, you should at all times create a new Aniblock ONLY from a Clean timeline with only that one movement or movements to be recorded. You can then insert that NEW AniBlock into AniMate at any point on your AniMate Scrubber with other AniBlocks and it will work properly. That is the only way to keep Tweens and rotations from other Aniblocks or Keyframes out of a NEW AniBlock.

For Multi figures yes you add both figures to the Scrubber and apply AniBlocks to both.

Post edited by Jaderail on