new dForce Longdrape hair not working

Has anyone else tried the dForce Longdrape Hair by PhilW?  After loading a character and clicking the hair icon I get nothing. 

There seems to be a haircap, and an invisible faceshield, but no hair.  The scene tree shows a hierachy, as if the hair is present.  I selected the Longdrape hair in the scene tree and clicked on the preview icons, but that does nothing. 

I unistalled and re-installed but no fix.  It looks like a cool product if it would work!    

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393

Just to check, you're using DS4.11 right? This hair requires the new features included in 4.11.

• NathuadoNathuado Posts: 55

They got me again with the old 'lets sneak in an upgrade trick'!  Thanks Leana :)  Works fine.

Actually I found another problem with this product.  When I select the hair and click on a material color I get an error message.  This happens with the Genesis 3 hair.  I've reinstalled, without fix.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393

Make sure you also installed the updated version of dForce starter essentials, it includes the base shaders for the new strand-based hair.

Leana said:

Make sure you also installed the updated version of dForce starter essentials, it includes the base shaders for the new strand-based hair.

Is that done with install manager?  I can't seem to find it under that name.  Thanks.

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 759

I did all of what is mentioned here but the hair is not showing in the renders.

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 759
    edited June 2019

I was able to get the hair to show up both in Iray and the renders by selecting the surface selection tool then clicking on the hair strands. How odd is that!!

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • hello i just bought this hair and im having the same problem, it wont show up in render. i tried using surface selecting and clicking on hair strands but still doesnt show. can anyone help me pls?