Dforce Femme Fatale Hair Won't Appear in Iray Preview

OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

I can see it in the texture based preview, but not when I switch to Iray Preview. Have not tried rendering out a picture yet. GeForce GTX745, Dell machine, video card manufactured by whoever was doing those for Dell 6 years ago, latest drivers I could find on the NVidia website.

What am I doing wrong?

ETA: Same problem with Dforce Lechuza.

Post edited by Odaa on

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,963

It’s how strand works. The full hair effect is generated mainly when rendered.

If you set the fur’s parameters/line tessellation/render tessellation to 1 or more it should be visible, but the way I set up the Oso lechuza fur means that the hairs will look a little weird in preview.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

Thank you for setting me straight!

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@Odaa

Isn't there a Preview PR Hair setting?

fastbike1 said:

@Odaa

Is that in the list of preview options? 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,392
    Odaa said:
    fastbike1 said:

@Odaa

Is that in the list of preview options? 

It's in the parameters for the hair object, see the screenshot in this post: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4659181/#Comment_4659181

Way cool, thank you!

• Oso3D said:

It’s how strand works. The full hair effect is generated mainly when rendered.

If you set the fur’s parameters/line tessellation/render tessellation to 1 or more it should be visible, but the way I set up the Oso lechuza fur means that the hairs will look a little weird in preview.

"Hey, here's some strand-based hair.  No, you can't see it in preview unless you fiddle with these settings".  Can I say this is one of the most idiotic things I've ever seen.  How the hell are you supposed to construct a scene before render if you can't see it, or if you do see it it's a highly degraded, making your character look like a chemo victim.