How do I fix a broken CMS?

Somehow I messed up my CMS for Smart Content.  I tried fixing it by reseting the database but that did not help.  I tried reimporting but the CMS will not start.  I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling CMS.  Actually right now I am trying to reinstall CMS.  I am starting DS 4.11 now to see if it will work.

Also talking about DS 4.11 do I need to keep the beta for any particular reason?

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,105

After looking around I found a setting for port.  What does that mean?  and is it at the right number?

cmssettings.png
    395 x 188 - 6K
  • It doesn't matter, as long as it is the number being used by PostgreSQL. I see you are using a non-default path for the database, again that should be fine. Rather than make changes/reinstall stuff perhaps you should describe the issues you are having.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,105

Right now it is not showing any content.

nocontent0.png
    461 x 408 - 27K
    nocontent1.png
    473 x 440 - 29K
  • ShugotenshiShugotenshi Posts: 7
    edited June 2019

Well, you're faring a good bit better than I am, Miss Bad Wolf.  I can't even get the CMS to initialize after starting up DAZ Studio now.  I installed 4.11 two days ago and the CMS worked perfectly then.  Now, the CMS refuses to even start.  I have tried reinstalling 4.11 but that did absolutely no good.

And in addition to that, CMS does not initialize when I start up the Install Manager either.

Post edited by Shugotenshi on
  • *UPDATE*

Apparently, the CMS port number had gotten mysteriously changed, by no action of mine, in the past two days.  I changed the port to 1024 and everything is works now.

• Right now it is not showing any content.

But it is showing categories, so the CMS is working. Can you see any content if you go to the Content Library pane and look under daz Studio Formats or Poser Formats? I suspect your content is simply not where you've told DS it is.

• greywolfgreywolf Posts: 35

I'd like to throw my broken DB into the ring here.

I've scrubbed my content Db.  I'm not really really concerned with it too much as I'm used to going thru the DB metadata re-import, plus "I'm a technical guy and DAZ3D is a creative outlet."

Anyway.  I have found nothing that will point me to the proper and correct and complete way to rebuild my content DB, as, when I try to rebuild the db, it gets set up but without my user role ("FATAL: Role '{myusername}' does not exist") and so the CMS can't connect to the DB proper.  I'm kind of at my wit's end on this and would dearly appreciate some guidance.  Thanks in advance.

INFO:  I have a drive dedicated exclusively to DAZ3D, so my goal has been to get EVERYTHING OUT OF C:\Users and C:\Program Files and C:\Program Data.  I want DAZ entirely self-contained.
    I have also managed to successfully switch the port.  I'm also not a slouch at postgres (it's been half of the last 8 years of my career), so I know how to bypass password checking via the pg_hba.conf file, but without even knowing what roles are available to connect (role 'postgres' does not exist!!), fixing this up is an impossibility.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,765

greywolf said:

I'd like to throw my broken DB into the ring here.

I've scrubbed my content Db.  I'm not really really concerned with it too much as I'm used to going thru the DB metadata re-import, plus "I'm a technical guy and DAZ3D is a creative outlet."

Anyway.  I have found nothing that will point me to the proper and correct and complete way to rebuild my content DB, as, when I try to rebuild the db, it gets set up but without my user role ("FATAL: Role '{myusername}' does not exist") and so the CMS can't connect to the DB proper.  I'm kind of at my wit's end on this and would dearly appreciate some guidance.  Thanks in advance.

INFO:  I have a drive dedicated exclusively to DAZ3D, so my goal has been to get EVERYTHING OUT OF C:\Users and C:\Program Files and C:\Program Data.  I want DAZ entirely self-contained.
    I have also managed to successfully switch the port.  I'm also not a slouch at postgres (it's been half of the last 8 years of my career), so I know how to bypass password checking via the pg_hba.conf file, but without even knowing what roles are available to connect (role 'postgres' does not exist!!), fixing this up is an impossibility.

That error seems like it's to do with the internal PostgreSQL username which has nothing to do with your account name so I am not sure why it's trying that. It should be using "dzcms" as the username to connect to the database if setup correctly. 

• greywolfgreywolf Posts: 35
    edited July 2023

SofaCitizen said:

greywolf said:

That error seems like it's to do with the internal PostgreSQL username which has nothing to do with your account name so I am not sure why it's trying that. It should be using "dzcms" as the username to connect to the database if setup correctly.

That made me laugh for some reason; I'm not sure where in the world it would be using my username, nor did I see it ever attempt to set up or connect as user "dzcms" -- where does this get set (or is this "somewhere beyond my control"?)?  In any case, I'm going to see if I can connect as this user and get the access sorted out.  Thanks for the tip...

FOLLOWUP: That did the trick.  No more errors!! Thank you!

Post edited by greywolf on
  • SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,765

greywolf said:

That made me laugh for some reason; I'm not sure where in the world it would be using my username, nor did I see it ever attempt to set up or connect as user "dzcms" -- where does this get set (or is this "somewhere beyond my control"?)?  In any case, I'm going to see if I can connect as this user and get the access sorted out.  Thanks for the tip...

FOLLOWUP: That did the trick.  No more errors!! Thank you!

No problem :) This value should have been set automatically during install so most people won't know or care about those settings. Not sure how yours managed to get itself confused but glad you got it sorted.