Export of strand-based hair possible?

The strand-based hair is looking good, but can it be used with other render engines, like Octane.

Can it be exported for other programs? In which format?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054

The strand-based hair is looking good, but can it be used with other render engines, like Octane.

Can it be exported for other programs? In which format?

it obj export and renders in the DS Octane plugin if you check the option in parameters to show the mesh (forget what its called cannot look)

sadly it looses it's UV mapping

exporting it only keeps the vertical UV not the dual lobe pelt one

• To export to OBJ you need to enable Preview PR Hairs in the Line Tesselation group in the Parameters pane.

• Singular3DSingular3D Posts: 523

Thanks a lot for the reply. Seems I have to try it.

• PieHeadPieHead Posts: 5

I want to export a daz figure with strand-based hair and use it in Max with Vray Next ... have the hair bounce and move as it would if made with Shave&AHaircut, Ornatrix (my choice), Hair Farm ...if I could do the same exporting the figure/hair as .obj, that would be great of course.  Is there any way to find out if this is possible?  I can't even find the documentation for Strand Based Hair ...

• PieHead said:

I want to export a daz figure with strand-based hair and use it in Max with Vray Next ... have the hair bounce and move as it would if made with Shave&AHaircut, Ornatrix (my choice), Hair Farm ...if I could do the same exporting the figure/hair as .obj, that would be great of course.  Is there any way to find out if this is possible?  I can't even find the documentation for Strand Based Hair ...

Yes, and it's not complicated.

Export that hair as usual from daz to .obj - leave "preview PR hairs" off otherwise you will get too many splines and give your PC a headache.

In max do import .obj but make sure "import lines/shapes" is ticked.

Once imported, select the hair shape (editable spline), add Ox guides from shape modifier, then add Ox Ground Strands modifier, and select the skullcap mesh as a ground, then click the button that says "roots detached". Then add a Hair from guides modifier and an OxRender Settings modifier and fiddle with settings and you should be good to go.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054

I wonder if it can also be used with the Blender hairnet plugin.

• if anyone figures out how to export dFocre fur please share ty in advance

• eandeeande Posts: 8

Anyone come across an issue where there is no Preview PR Hairs in the Line Tesselation group in the Parameters pane?

• CamonraCamonra Posts: 22

Where did the File/Export OBJ go in Strand Hair?