Bear Skin Rugs...Please

shanteshante Posts: 206
edited November 2013 in Product Suggestions

Deleted this a duplicate of other. Sorry.

Post edited by shante on

Comments

• shanteshante Posts: 206
    edited December 1969

Been looking forever for a good Bear Skin and/or Animal Skin Rug.
    I tried Trekiegrrl but just didn't cut it for me...too "toonish" for my needs.
    I tried spreading legs and arms of the bears offered here and elsewhere but messing with the joins in ways that refused to comply made a horrible mess so i gave up. Not knowing how to mode is a curse here and one I have not been able to get through learning so I have and to beg and hope someone creative in modeling would meet the challenge.

Could b free but if a good product I would buy it in a heartbeat.

I can see either a stand alone set of different animals and colors (Bear, Wolf, Lion or even human!) or a set using the geometry designations of the animals offered in the store here. So you would need the animals to use the set (which could be a good strategy to get those that want it to buy the original animals).

Anybody willing to take the challenge!?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,037
    edited December 1969

Merged request for, not offer of, freebie thread with Product Suggestions thread.

edited December 1969

Merged request for, not offer of, freebie thread with Product Suggestions thread.

So irregardless if looking for freebie or product to buy it should have been placed here?

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 912
    edited November 2013

Summer Siesta has a tiger skin rug, could you use that somehow. Maybe with Look at my Hair.

edit link

Post edited by MarcCCTx on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

shante said:

So irregardless if looking for freebie or product to buy it should have been placed here?All request go into this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/30004/ . All other posts are for offering a free item in that Forum. Or the FreeBe Art contest which offers links to free items.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,953
    edited December 1969

use LAMH on a bear such as Daz bear or buy Ursus Arctos and scale down the z axis maybe?

edited December 1969

use LAMH on a bear such as Daz bear or buy Ursus Arctos and scale down the z axis maybe?

I have all the daz and zygote bears offerings including a cool panda by another independent vendor. The problem is more than a z scale thing, it is the joints will not let me with my limited ability to spread the arms and legs into the proper positions to make it look like a rug.
    as I said I have already tried that and for me it didn't work.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Got the Optitex Free Cow hide? As a flat rug any fur shader should work on it.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Got the Optitex Free Cow hide? As a flat rug any fur shader should work on it.

Doesn't sound familiar. Where do i find it?

edited December 1969

MarcCCTx said:
    Summer Siesta has a tiger skin rug, could you use that somehow. Maybe with Look at my Hair.

edit link

Hmm?
    I got the Summer Siesta set but never thought of that.
    I am not too sharp on using dynamic hair or other advanced functions in Material Room...another learning deficiency i am afraid.

edited December 1969

Yeah, I have LamH and I honestly can't figure out how to use it on the fly, I can do the tutorial, but beyond that...

edited December 1969

MarcCCTx said:
    Yeah, I have LamH and I honestly can't figure out how to use it on the fly, I can do the tutorial, but beyond that...

What's LamH?

edited December 1969

Look at my Hair.

edited December 1969

MarcCCTx said:
    Look at my Hair.

Huh!? 8-{

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

I've tried a few things but without succes.
    - Garibaldi crashes.
    - Fur shaders don't work.
    - the one from Optitex is missing a file.

BearSkin.jpg
    700 x 780 - 74K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,953
    edited November 2013

scaling Ursus Arctois did not work well I admit but exporting seperate body parts such as head and a paw as obj other parts hidden by turning off eye then adding to a textured plane with opacity mapping prob easiest.
    LAMH is a product in store that creates hair
    render a spreadeagled bear for your plane as a png for opacity and use gimp, photoshop or something to make opacity map
    clicking on gear by side to side parameter slider you can change limits to get him spreadeagled.
    can use free fuzzywuzzy shaders or in Daz store [url= http://www.daz3d.com/furify-fur-shaders]furify on texture or a noise texture in displacement

Bearrug_render.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    BearrugOpacity.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 146K
    Untitled.jpg
    1381 x 815 - 291K
    Bearrug.png
    2000 x 2000 - 3M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

scaling Ursus Arctois did not work well I admit but exporting seperate body parts such as head and a paw as obj other parts hidden by turning off eye then adding to a textured plane with opacity mapping prob easiest.
    LAMH is a product in store that creates hair
    render a spreadeagled bear for your plane as a png for opacity and use gimp, photoshop or something to make opacity map
    clicking on gear by side to side parameter slider you can change limits to get him spreadeagled.
    can use free fuzzywuzzy shaders or in Daz store [url= http://www.daz3d.com/furify-fur-shaders]furify on texture or a noise texture in displacement

interesting attempt but not as realistic as i need. need something more like this:

bear-skin-rug.jpg
    730 x 408 - 16K
  • TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

I know: it's crap, but I have almost no modeling skills.
    I found the rug somewhere, the bear's head elsewhere, put them together in Blender.

@Wendy: thank you for pointing out to the fuzzy shaders. I check the Material menu regularly, not the Texture menu because in my opinion, shaders should reside in Material, not in Texture.

BearSkinRug.jpg
    960 x 720 - 91K