shader mixer environmental shaders

srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
edited November 2013 in Product Suggestions

Something that would be really handy would be some nice sets of Shader Mixer shaders for a variety of environmental and scene-building materials.
Shader Mixer, rather than non-shader-mixer shaders, for two reasons. One is because I got burned in the past on a product that was released right before a DS major release and was never updated so I can't use it after having spent a bunch and now I'm paranoid. However a second and more important reason is that this would provide a good starting point to start experimenting with minor changes in Shader Mixer to be able to both create a wide variety of similar materials on our own to get more value and variety from them, and also gradually learn how to use the Shader Mixer without having to be expert enough (or needing the time) to create these materials from scratch.
I don't have any specific single material in mind, but could see the value for various things such as:
for outdoor scenes: stone, dirt, terrain, vegetation, bark, natural materials.
for newer artificial environments: concrete, metals, rust, debris, painted (scratched, peeling, new), brick, grid, patterns
for older artificial environments: stone wall materials, newer and older wood construction materials, slate, tile
organic materials: animal hides (fuzzy, scaly, slimy, exoskeletal), shells & ocean critter materials
Full disclosure warning: My budget and I aren't on the best terms, and sometimes I'm annoyingly picky. Make sure you think others want any products you make based on this suggestion too, and not just me, just in case. (Platinum club items would be awesome too.)
And of course if these already exist and just aren't specifically identified as Shader Mixer shaders in the store or I'm just blind, I'd love to know which ones they are.

Post edited by sriesch on

Comments