I Think my CMS has Lost It's Mind...

spearcarrierspearcarrier Posts: 686

This has been happening a while now and it's just flat driving me nuts.

My content library has been creating extra folders out of nowhere. So I currently have about 20 Utilities folders under Default, Wardrobe the same, and a bunch of others.

I categorize my own things into my own way of thinking and I delete folders when they're empty and I"m done. (If I didn't it would be nothing but a swamp to wade through being as they removed the "hide empty folders" option.) And apparently DAZ feels it should give me 10 x back more than I want gone.

It's driving me nuts! And I can't make it stop.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Umm... when was the last time you exported user data. It sounds like multiple entries in the Database to me.

• spearcarrierspearcarrier Posts: 686
    edited December 1969

Always to the rescue, you! Thank you!

I'm sitting here trying to remember what exporting user data does.. I remember touching on it once. I'll... give it a try?

edited November 2013

I'm not saying it will fix it but if you have to reset the database at least your work is backed up.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Well I already cleaned up, compressed, combined and reset the database. It didn't help anything. Thank goodness for backups. I'm watching it export now.

edited December 1969

Well everything exported and now I have twice as much. O_O

edited December 1969

Well that's certainly not right. I'll flag this up for the pros, to see.

edited December 1969

Awesome thankyou.

I ended up just flat out deleting my default folder, stopping CMS, restarting DAZ, and trying search several times until I finally unchecked "only new". Some things came back. I guess I won't know right away if I got it to straighten out.

What does "export data" do anyway? I did a search and couldn't find anything. I figured with "export" in the title it was only to export my stuff to a usable back up file, but I just copy over the manage dpb files for that.