All kinds of new issues :(

Ok, seems one issue after another since I got the new PC. I attempted to start re tagging items on the new PC but they are not taking. Not surer what could cause this.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Can we get some more details? What software are you using, and how are you tagging content?

• J.Love CreationsJ.Love Creations Posts: 47
    edited December 1969

I'm using Daz3d and never had an issue before but I purchased a new PC and have just started using it as my main computer. In the content library of Daz it allows you to add tags to items so you can group them for easier searches. This appear to be functioning but does not save any of the tags I add.

edited December 1969

In the Content Library pane, is there anything under Categories and Products?

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

It was my understanding that the tag feature is not working yet. I haven't tried it for that, reason, I just assumed it was true.

edited December 1969

It worked wonderfully on my last computer.

edited December 1969

In the Content Library pane, is there anything under Categories and Products?

Just a couple items that Daz offered for free like Stinger for A3 and such, they were installed by the daz installer when I set up this PC.
    edited December 1969

It sounds like your CMS database may be corrupt.

1) If you haven't exported user data recently, do that first, so you can restore the categories and tags that are still working.
    2) Close DS and uninstall CMS.
    3) Reinstall CMS by running the installer in C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZ3DIM1\cms (if you have DIM installed) or by reinstalling DS. That will give you the latest CMS, which will reduce the chances of the problem recurring.
    4) Search for the file ContentDB.ind -- if you let CMS install to the default locations it will probably be in Program Files (x86) or ProgramData. I would search your entire hard drive with "Hidden and System Files" visible, in case you have more than one set of databases, which could also cause problems. That file is the index for the database.
    5) Stop CMS and delete ContentDB.ind, then start CMS and launch DS. Let DS rebuild the index -- it might take a minute or two.
    6) Scan for new content and categorize and tag it.
    7) Close and restart DS, and see if the tags are staying. If they are, you should be good to go.
    8) If new tags are still disappearing, close DS, stop CMS, and delete all the files in the databases folder. Restart CMS, launch DS, and re-import metadata to get your user data back. It can take a long time, so don't panic if it seems to be taking a long time and the progress bar isn't moving.