A Gentleman's Wardrobe.....first installment coming soon!

Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108
edited December 1969 in Daz PA Commercial Products

For those of you waiting for my suit for Genesis 2 Male.......I have uploaded a video to YouTube to show everyone how it works :)

Hopefully the set will be available soon in my store!

Aave

Have a look and let me know your thoughts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-ryvJnIwIQ

Comments

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Too bad we can't put items not released yet on our wish list. This is a must-have. Thanks in advance. No funds for a couple of weeks, though.

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

Hmmm...I watched it. First, on a tech level, the video was really, really quiet. I had to crank my volume to hear your voice.

Ok. So, the suit has morphs that are not generic moving morphs but are instead tailored to specific poses? Also, the shirt and slacks are a one piece 'body suit'?

• Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Hmmm...I watched it. First, on a tech level, the video was really, really quiet. I had to crank my volume to hear your voice.

Ok. So, the suit has morphs that are not generic moving morphs but are instead tailored to specific poses? Also, the shirt and slacks are a one piece 'body suit'?

I'm having a hard time trying to get volume on my video, I'm using Microsoft's Encoder 4 but I'm not all that tech savvy so haven't figured out what I'm doing wrong, perhaps I'll figure it out by the time I want to do another video :)

You are correct in the tailored morphs and the one piece "bodysuit" aspect of the shirt and slacks, as explained in the video (lol although you may not have been able to hear that part) I made it one piece so that collision with the jacket would work perfectly. The sets I make are tailored to the idea of super easy to use, super realistic looking garments.

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited November 2013

I'm having a hard time trying to get volume on my video, I'm using Microsoft's Encoder 4 but I'm not all that tech savvy so haven't figured out what I'm doing wrong, perhaps I'll figure it out by the time I want to do another video :)

You are correct in the tailored morphs and the one piece "bodysuit" aspect of the shirt and slacks, as explained in the video (lol although you may not have been able to hear that part) I made it one piece so that collision with the jacket would work perfectly. The sets I make are tailored to the idea of super easy to use, super realistic looking garments.

I cranked the volume and was able to hear it then turned it way down when I decided to watch some netflix. Will you have any generic morphs? I sometimes use canned poses and sometimes I do my own, sometimes I modify the canned poses.

Or, to put it another way, how good does the suit look when the figure is posed by hand?

Post edited by Riggswolfe on
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited December 1969

For users who want or need a kitbashable set, may I recommend dividing the "bodysuit" skeleton groups between the "individual" garments, such that the abdomen, for example, incorporates the lower shirt down to the belt, and all of the hip was included in the trousers. Then set up partial CR2s (well, DUFs in this case) that include ONLY those bones (and that portion of the mesh) involved in the particular garment. Alternately, a single file that loads the whole outfit, drawn from a single mesh (NO bone welds at the garment interfaces) represented as distinct "Figures" in the file, would work too. It's in some ways the equivalent of saving Mike and his pants to your Characters folder (as one CR2) in Poser. Then the user can load the outfit as separates and cull what isn't needed.

edited December 1969

I cranked the volume and was able to hear it then turned it way down when I decided to watch some netflix. Will you have any generic morphs? I sometimes use canned poses and sometimes I do my own, sometimes I modify the canned poses.

Or, to put it another way, how good does the suit look when the figure is posed by hand?

It looks pretty much "the usual" on standing poses without a lot of twist on the torso or neck I think.....with any bend in the knees (because of the wide legs) there is some unsightly bulging. You can adjust the upper body pose quite a lot on "canned" poses :) . Experiment a bit with the morph dials, you might be surprised at what you can do with it.

edited November 2013

For users who want or need a kitbashable set, may I recommend dividing the "bodysuit" skeleton groups between the "individual" garments, such that the abdomen, for example, incorporates the lower shirt down to the belt, and all of the hip was included in the trousers. Then set up partial CR2s (well, DUFs in this case) that include ONLY those bones (and that portion of the mesh) involved in the particular garment. Alternately, a single file that loads the whole outfit, drawn from a single mesh (NO bone welds at the garment interfaces) represented as distinct "Figures" in the file, would work too. It's in some ways the equivalent of saving Mike and his pants to your Characters folder (as one CR2) in Poser. Then the user can load the outfit as separates and cull what isn't needed.

This is actually quite doable.....just make sure you save the resulting separates to a different name in a different folder.....I actually change the mesh name in the scene list too.....just to make sure LOL. With the surfaces sorted like I have them it could be very easy to select only for example the shirt portions....I didn't do this as an included feature simply because I plan on doing a lot more morphs on the set.

Post edited by Aave Nainen on
  • ScraverXScraverX Posts: 152
    edited December 1969

That is really neat Aave.
    I never feel quite happy doing sitting poses with loose pants, due to bulging. This I like.

edited November 2013

Here's the slacks separated from the shirt.......the really cool part is this....Base Pose 01 for G2M morph on the slacks which is a pose with the legs slightly bent........works quite well as a morph for Crouch 3 from the M6 Manly pose set.....after applying the morph it just needed a slight bend on the left and right "foot" and smoothing bumped up from 2 to 4 to come out very nice indeed! I'm not sure I would bother with the shirt separated out...it's pretty short at the waist :)

Capture4.JPG
    408 x 803 - 54K
    Capture2.JPG
    462 x 688 - 42K
    Post edited by Aave Nainen on
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited December 1969

Just watched the video -- Wow! Very nice! How soon can I put it in my wishlist?

edited December 1969

Just watched the video -- Wow! Very nice! How soon can I put it in my wishlist?

Thanks!

Released several days ago but still available at 30% off intro price!

http://www.daz3d.com/a-gentleman-s-wardrobe

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much for making a basic 3 button suit for M6. I hope you will not stop there!.
    He will also need a double button suit, zoot suit, '70's suit. Suits with padded shoulders to square out the shoulders.
    '60s slim or Mod suit. A tuxedo, a tuxedo with tails.

Turtlenecks, sweaters, blazers, vests, a camel coat to go over the suit, trenchcoat, too!