New Install of Poser 10 stopped working

edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hi All
Just recently bought Poser 10 and has been working fine for a week, today went to load it and got this error:
Poser executable file has stopped working - just goes to the loading screen and that's it. Prior to this computer had installed a windows update. Am running Windows 7 - any help please.
Very frustrated as want to learn how to use the program!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr. A week and I can't use it. Not very good value for money!!!!!!!
Please help.

Comments

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781
    edited December 1969

Did Windows recently update anything by chance? People have had this happen after the last batch of Win7/Win8 updates installed or upgraded Internet Explorer, apparently something in IE 11 kills Poser. Rolling back the Windows update, if you got it, should fix the problem. There are quite a few threads about it here and at Rendo explaining more.

• edited December 1969

Hi Byrdie
    Thanks for the quick response, yes various updates for Microsoft NET Framework, have done a system restore, but of course system update wants to install them again!! Went across to the SmithMicro website and they have a patch SR2.2 have installed that and it seems to have done the trick - think it's a problem between Internet Explorer and Poser. Have not done a re-start to the system yet, keeping fingers crossed. Thanks for your help.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781
    edited November 2013

You're welcome. Not sure I have the 2.2 patch, I didn't update Windows yet and I rarely if ever use IE. There's a patch on the Microsoft site that prevents IE from updating automatically, can't remember the link to it now but the file is called IE11_BlockerToolkit.exe. Just do a search and it should turn up. Install it and no more IE updates unless you remove the patch and allow it again.

Post edited by Byrdie on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969