How to cancel the Spot Render Tool?

Sometimes I use spot render into a new window to layer onto images. When drawing the box, I sometimes get the point of origin wrong, and want to start at a different point for sizing what I spot render.

So I usually try to shrink the box to the point where it won't spot render, and then replace. However, sometimes I don't actually shrink it enough, and it spot renders anway!

In short, is there a button or something to press to cancel the spot render box as I'm sizing/holding it? I've tried RMB for example, that doesn't work.

Thank you!

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

I think the render must start before you can cancel, it can be a bit annoying when working with very complex scenes, for sure.

• Sometimes I use spot render into a new window to layer onto images. When drawing the box, I sometimes get the point of origin wrong, and want to start at a different point for sizing what I spot render.

So I usually try to shrink the box to the point where it won't spot render, and then replace. However, sometimes I don't actually shrink it enough, and it spot renders anway!

In short, is there a button or something to press to cancel the spot render box as I'm sizing/holding it? I've tried RMB for example, that doesn't work.

Thank you!

While you are drawing the box for the spot render click the right mouse button, that should cancel the render.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Sometimes I use spot render into a new window to layer onto images. When drawing the box, I sometimes get the point of origin wrong, and want to start at a different point for sizing what I spot render.

Thank you!

While you are drawing the box for the spot render click the right mouse button, that should cancel the render.

Nice one, thank you:)

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118

Thank you!

That's very true, I've discover it too by mistake the other day! :D

It's the same when you move any slider, for example while adjusting a morph: just right click, and it won't change the slider position! You won't have to go back anymore. BTW, you can go back also by pressing CTRL+Z.

• DefaultNameDefaultName Posts: 388

Thank you!

Oh Geez, now it works! I did try RMB before, but I must've done it wrong. Thank you!

• The panel (box) that shows the render progress sometimes completely dissappears and won't come back. RMB doesn't do anything in this case. Its a program bug I wish someone would fix.

• Are you sure it isn't just behind the main window because that was brought forward somehow?