Michael 4 Skins Auto Converter For Genesis 2 Male

alpickrelalpickrel Posts: 0

I can not find instructions for running this script.

I have the required Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male. When I run the script the first thing it asks for is "select the MAT file you want to load to G2F" It opens a directory called program files > Daz3d > dazstudio4 and presents me with a lot of sub directories. I can't find anything to select as I look through these directories and sub-directories with the show all files setting turned on. I don't mean to be dense, but what exactly am supposed to select and where is it. :-)

Assume everything is in its default directory. The files are wherever installer put them.

Comments

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

The script actually works when you click on the .png thumbnail of the file you want to load. I think that is so you don't have to filter your file extensions and you don't have to guess at which file it represents because you have a picture. Works very well, IMO. Most of the files you will want to convert are probably in My Library/People/Genesis/Materials (or Characters).

• alpickrelalpickrel Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    The script actually works when you click on the .png thumbnail of the file you want to load. I think that is so you don't have to filter your file extensions and you don't have to guess at which file it represents because you have a picture. Works very well, IMO. Most of the files you will want to convert are probably in My Library/People/Genesis/Materials (or Characters).

Thank you. Here is Michael 4, Michael 4 (genesis), Michael 4 (genesis 2). It took me a very long time to figure out how to duplicate him in genesis, but not so long to do it in genesis 2. I have the high res files (which are uses in genesis but they are in a format called .mc6 which the converter can not use, so I had to use the standard res files for the genesis 2 Michael. Still have not figured out what is wrong with the genesis Michael's eyes. They look normal, but they do not render normal.

I consider this an exercise in learning my way around this program.

Anyway, thank you again. Nice little program script, whatever it does. :-)

3michaels.jpg
    806 x 600 - 202K