Genesis question

Hi ,

I'm rather new with using genesis but I ran into a bump and was wondering if I had done something wrong or if I was missing something. While I do not have too much for genesis I do have a couple morphs that show up as options when the Genesis character comes up. I use a external hard drive to save all my data. I tried to use a better PC we have in another room and only showed basic genesis figure with very few morphs. However I was able to load a scene I had saved with no issue at all. Is there a way to have the new PC recognize the genesis morphs without reinstalling? I am guessing there is a simple reason this happened but I was a little shocked. I just bought a new better PC but have not set it up as of yet and would love to know how to fix this if it occurs on the new PC as well.

Thanks.

Comments

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

j.grond said:
    While I do not have too much for genesis I do have a couple morphs that show up as options when the Genesis character comes up. I use a external hard drive to save all my data. I tried to use a better PC we have in another room and only showed basic genesis figure with very few morphs. However I was able to load a scene I had saved with no issue at all. Is there a way to have the new PC recognize the genesis morphs without reinstalling?

A lot depends on the way your environment is setup.

Basically the morphs which are available for a Genesis figure are located in your library. To be more exact they are here:

data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs (starting from the library folder itself).

So if your DS environment has access to this folder then it should also have these morphs available.

This should also answer your question. In the end you could simply copy the library directory over to the other PC, that would provide it with the required contents.

When doing so DO keep your licenses in mind. I don't know what the specific rules are for content usage on more than one PC's (never bothered to read it myself because it doesn't apply to me) but this may be something to keep in mind.

Other than that; it's all in the library.

So if you're using DS4 on two locations then it might be a good idea to make sure that both environments have also access to the same library folder.

You can easily see which folder is being used as the main library by right clicking on the "Content library" tab, then selecting the "content directory manager" option. Here you'll get an overview of the directories which Daz Studio uses to manage its contents. As you can see it can access Poser formats as well as the obvious Daz Studio formats.

Normally you'll find 2 directories here. One is your main content library, the other is your user folder (which is used to store content(s) which you made using Daz Studio).

Hope this gives you some ideas.

• J.Love CreationsJ.Love Creations Posts: 47
    edited December 1969

Yes is does, thank you.
    I will only be using them on one PC. I installed Daz on my wifes so I could see if it worked before shutting down my old system and transferring everything to the new computer. I will keep you informed on if it goes smooth, thank you again.