can I export my content manager list

Hello  everyone ~

I have a question in "content managerment"

I have add so many direction to the current content list , and I have copied it to a new list named "new".

The question is , how can I export this list named "new" as a single thing in PC , so that I can copy it to USB or NET , when I need this content list , I can start DAZ3D, open content manager , and load it , and dada~~ list come back to my content manager !~~~

Can it be true ?

TIM截图20190509201240.jpg
812 x 561 - 50K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341

What are you wanting? http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/save_mapped_paths/start will save a script that can be used to set the mapped paths in another version of DS to those of the version in which original script was run

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,438

I think they want to be able to physically copy what is contained in the Content Set to another location (USB or cloud), and restore it when needed.

Well, in that case I would think Rob's sample script could be modified to write a batch file which could then be run to do that.

• kyoreonakyoreona Posts: 169

Well, in that case I would think Rob's sample script could be modified to write a batch file which could then be run to do that.

NorthOf45 said:

I think they want to be able to physically copy what is contained in the Content Set to another location (USB or cloud), and restore it when needed.

Thank you for responding ... but it seems that there is not such a simple method to "save as" or "export" the content direction list ...

I give up ,and looking towards to the offical upgrade in this .cheeky

A Content Set is just a list of paths used to point to various Libraries. If you install everything to the same Library (like most users, I imagine), you will not save any space by archiving what would basically be a small text file. Even if you use physically different libraries on different discs, you can just leave the various Content Sets in the configuration and they will not interfere, even if the physical media is not present. You can have many Content Sets, but only one active at a time anyway, so just use the one you need when you need it.

kyoreona said:

NorthOf45 said:

Thank you for responding ... but it seems that there is not such a simple method to "save as" or "export" the content direction list ...

If you want the list in accessible form then you can use the script, if you just want to back it up then it's in

%AppData%/Daz 3D/Studio4/ContentDirectoryManager.dsx

(adjust the Studio4 folder if you are using the Public beta).

kyoreona said:

NorthOf45 said:

If you want the list in accessible form then you can use the script, if you just want to back it up then it's in

it seems there is no such file named"ContentDirectoryManager.dsx"in my disk ....

Your Studio settings wouldn't exist without it. It will be in the same folder as Studio's log file. %AppData% usually translates to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming, which is normally hidden, but you can expose it with File Explorer view options (show hidden items). 

Yes, sorry - I should have said paste that into the File Explorer address bar and it should open the folder, correctly inserting the user name and the Roaming folder.

Yes, sorry - I should have said paste that into the File Explorer address bar and it should open the folder, correctly inserting the user name and the Roaming folder.

NorthOf45 said:

Your Studio settings wouldn't exist without it. It will be in the same folder as Studio's log file. %AppData% usually translates to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming, which is normally hidden, but you can expose it with File Explorer view options (show hidden items). 

Thank you ! I found it ! Forgive my ignorancecheeky

• Richard Haseltine said:

Just want to add that in case no entries show up in that file, then it may be due to that fact that no content sets have been explicitly created/defined. Copying the current directory mapping configuration as a new content set populates the said file with entries of the newly created content set.