Faery Wings Deluxe question

TobiasGTobiasG Posts: 447

I bought this product (and the required basic wings). However, the Installer doesn't find the MAT pack. Is there a trick? If not, I assume I need to download manually and put it somewhere… but the multitude of folders is a bit intimidating to me.

Any hints? Thanks a lot!

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,953
    edited December 1969

That's an older product,and if the installer isn't finding it ,it hasn't been updated .......so you will probably have to hand load it.It's not really as hard as you think,and it is really good to learn where things go in your content library .....just open the zip and merge the content folder with the one in your library ,if you are working with a "My Library"folder,then open the zip,and the content folder,grab the runtime folder and merge it into your"My Library"folder.

• TobiasGTobiasG Posts: 447
    edited December 1969

Thank you. I got it working (though it's a hassle to actually find the new textures…). :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You have to remember that this is a very old product. In fact as I recall, this was one of the first set of products that were transferred to the PC when it was launched, so it was released sometime in 2002

edited November 2013

I wasn't complaining - it cost barely more than 1,-, so it's still OK for what you're paying. :)

Edit: I don't think there are release dates mentioned in the shop description, right?

Post edited by TobiasG on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

No. but sku numbers are a good guide as to age, and I just happen to remember this particular product, because I had bought it and one other of the products that had been transferred a little while before they launched the PC, so I actually paid full price for it.

edited November 2013

Ah, good point. I'll keep an eye on the sku numbers in the future.

Post edited by TobiasG on