Why is DAZ Studio not recognizing my RTX 2070 for rendering in Iray?

I recently jumped from a GTX 970 4gb to a RTX 2070 8gb, but now I can't get DAZ Studio to utilize my GPU for rendering.  I am beyond frustrated, because I have invested years into DAZ Studio products and I don't want to go back to the old video card.  I'm running a [email protected] GHz with 16gb of RAM which worked fine with my GTX 970 running GPU renders only.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,391

Which version of DS do you use? 20xx cards are only supported by the beta, the version of Iray included in 4.10 is too old to support them.

And which version of the driver do you have installed? Iray has problems with some versions apparently.

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118

I recently jumped from a GTX 970 4gb to a RTX 2070 8gb, but now I can't get DAZ Studio to utilize my GPU for rendering.  I am beyond frustrated, because I have invested years into DAZ Studio products and I don't want to go back to the old video card.  I'm running a [email protected] GHz with 16gb of RAM which worked fine with my GTX 970 running GPU renders only.

Can anyone help?

Don't worry, you just need to upgrade to Daz 4.11 with Daz Install Manager, it's free! :D

• SGTGhost777SGTGhost777 Posts: 40

Thanks!! I'll give that a try.

It's not showing up in the install manager, but I will try the website.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Daz is the company.

I presume you mean Daz Studio? Presuming you do mean studio, which version are you using?

I'm so over this DAZ Studio!!! Your tech support is horrible, because I tried to get the aformentioned issue fixed months ago and I got an uneducated response that sounded like someone with no technical expertise was answering.  I create a forum to see if the community can settle the issue and I have no access to DAZ 4.11; through neither the Install Manager or your website.  Ridiculous! 

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

You need to try buying the Beta 4.11; it is free to purchase; once bought you need to enable it in DIM so it shows up.

My experiece of tech support is different than yours, mind you, I don't insult them.

Thanks nicstt for trying to help and I have been a member and user of DAZ Studio for about five years now and I haven't insulted anybody up to this point, but to not have 24/7 tech support for a site this popular is crazy to me. I say that because I use DAZ Studio and all that it is capable of alone or in my creative pipeline and the one thing you can't get refunded is your time.  Anyway, I tried your solution and I still can't seem to download version 4.11 Beta or otherwise.  The website says I already purchased it and I went to the DIM and checked the reveal hidden box, but it didn't show up.  I really appreciate everyone trying to help, but this shouldn't be that difficult and that's why I'm frustrated.  

I got it going! Keeping my fingers crossed that this version will utilize my GPU!

I'm at a loss....it's still not doing GPU only rendering and requiring my CPU; which I don't want to use. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,391

I'm at a loss....it's still not doing GPU only rendering and requiring my CPU; which I don't want to use. 

What is the version of the driver you have installed? Some pople have reported a problem with the latest one and said that 425.31 worked better for them.

• Unreal Engine 4 is free and has real time ray tracing.  You can easily import DAZ Studio scenes to UE4.

edited May 2019

Leana, I'm not sure what version the driver is, but this has been an issue for months since I purchased the card and I know there have been at least two updates by NVIDIA in that time.  

acrionx_68d402a6, thanks for letting me know; I tried the Unreal Engine before, but never dedicated the time necessary to learn all it is capable of. So, maybe I'll try that again.

Post edited by SGTGhost777 on
  • kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

There are many ways to check you driver version. If you have geforce experie nce you can check it there. If you don't do a Google search on find video driver version.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,413

Without the GeForce experience, right-click on the desktop and select nVidia Control Panel - the current version will be in the box at top-centre, above the type of GPU you have.

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118

Have you checked your GPU and unchecked your CPU on Render Settings? Together with updating your drivers?

• PMANGEARDPMANGEARD Posts: 1
    edited December 2020

Hello

I had the same problem with my RTX2070. I did an update of my NVIDIA driver from NVIDIA site web : https://www.nvidia.fr/content/DriverDownload-March2009/confirmation.php?url=/Windows/460.89/460.89-desktop-win10-64bit-international-nsd-dch-whql.exe&lang=fr&type=TITAN  (french link) with the following parameters (see quote for the image):

And that working now with DAZ Studio 4.14 Pro or with DAZ Studio 414 Pro Public Build (Beta version)

I hope it will be the same for you

Patrice

Post edited by PMANGEARD on